BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
I don't venture into the 1998 section too often these days, having had nothing to contribute since the sale of my Dekerf Implant, which was a little on the big side. I had my eye out for something similar and finally came across a small Samurai over in Canada. With a little help from a friend a deal was done and it was shipped over to the UK......about 3 years ago :oops:
No build thread for this one. I finally got it finished in August, in the nick of time for a planned trip to Bikepark Wales with a mate and our boys. Thanks go out to LGF for selling me a bundle of parts, at a great price, without which I wouldn't have managed to finish the build in time. I'd still like to make a few changed before I consider it finished.
Here's a couple of (terrible) pics to show that it actually exists and that I got it dirty!

Re:

3 years??? That's a long time to be holding on to a frame before a build. I wish I had your patience.

Re: Re:

haggis":2wow5f9h said:
3 years??? That's a long time to be holding on to a frame before a build. I wish I had your patience.

I've been very busy :LOL:

Swapped out the tyres for some Nobby Nics a while ago and replaced the pedals for some slightly less ugly ones.

Current spec from what I remember:

Frame: 2010 (ish) Chromag Samurai built by Mike Truelove
Fork: Rockshox Reba U-Turn with Poploc
Headset: Blackspire
Stem: Chromag
Bar: Chromag
Brakes: Magura Marta
Shifter: SRAM X9
Grips: ?
Seatpost clamp: Chromag QR
Seatpost: Chromag
Saddle: Chromag Trailmaster Ltd with titanium rails