Mountain Cycle MOHO - completely custom build possible

cybernck

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm restoring a MOHO but it's a tad small for me at roughly 18" in seat tube size, so I thought I'd check if there's someone else crazy about them on here :)

mcmohoblack2.jpg

Now freshly painted super-deep super-shiny black, awaiting stickers.

For the time being you can choose the forks (RS Judy, SID, Marzocchi, Manitou), groupset (XT M739, M750, M770 or XTR M900, M952, M960 Disc), wheelset (XT, XTR, Crossride, Crossmax, Spengle, Spinergy) and the finishing kit (Chris King, Ritchey, Thomson, Tune etc).

Obviously, the price depends on A LOT of factors but would generally be 900 GBP upwards for an almost new-condition bike.

Cheers.

Are you selling the frame and parts, or offering a bespoke restoration service?

If the latter, I think most people on here would prefer to do their own work, or buy a finished bike, rather than pay someone to restore a bike for them.

Well, your comment is slightly confusing as buying a finished bike means that someone else has done all the work to begin with, doesn't it? (unless the hypothetical bike you're talking about is in a completely original unrestored condition). Also, not many people have the skills, means or time to their own full build.

But to answer your question, I'm doing a bespoke restoration / full build on the actual frame in the picture in any case, just that at this stage I can discuss options with someone potentially interested in purchasing a full bike. Once I get it resprayed, then it will (most probably) end up being black, no going back (ooh, the rhyme). The same goes for the rest of the specs although all the other parts would be easy to swap out for something else.

Is that clear enough?

so basically I´d only need the frame alone - would you be willing to sell the frame only and for what price?
I have so many parts at home so not interested in buying a build kit or complete...

Re:

Hi - yes I received the PM - how much are you asking for the frame only? Do you have decals for it?
Would the paint come off nicely enough to go for a polished alloy finish?

KR
Georg

The decals are on the way and will applied shortly.

I'd advise against doing that because it had a high quality paintjob with very good prep and primer.

Back