Can anyone identify this Claud Butler mountain bike model?

Bonzo Banana

Dirt Disciple
Can anyone identify this Claud Butler mountain bike model? It's 7005 aluminium. The headtube badge/logo is rather nice and detailed so seems at least a mid-range model or possibly high end but only guessing.

Claude-Butler-frame.png

Claude-Butler-headbadge.png

CB-seat-tube-badges.png

Hello, pm received....
I’m not an expert & am often proved wrong, but here’s what I know;

The 7005 aluminium frame was first introduced to the CB range in 1993 and was pretty much a generic frame, the main differences across the range were the levels of kit and the stickers. Some people immediately ripped off the graphics if they had a low end version, but then others just removed them as they would quickly get tatty being that they were stickers on top of clear powdercoat rather than under clear lacquer.

The “Star Trek” head badge first appeared sometime late ‘95 & early ‘96 but the metal version was only around ‘97 & ‘98.
The only polished 7005 aluminium bikes in those ranges (can’t be certain about ‘97) were the Tasmin, Carabo & the Rock.

Click on the catalogue link below in my signature.

Hope that helps

Ps. Contrary to popular opinion, it’s not a bad frame, although in rigid set up perhaps a little too stiff. In 1993/1994 the very top of the range Antaeus used this frame and with descent front shocks was considered reasonably high end although the Claud name was still being used as an excuse to overprice them.

Peachy!":2dd14an0 said:
Hello, pm received....
I’m not an expert & am often proved wrong, but here’s what I know;

The 7005 aluminium frame was first introduced to the CB range in 1993 and was pretty much a generic frame, the main differences across the range were the levels of kit and the stickers. Some people immediately ripped off the graphics if they had a low end version, but then others just removed them as they would quickly get tatty being that they were stickers on top of clear powdercoat rather than under clear lacquer.

The “Star Trek” head badge first appeared sometime late ‘95 & early ‘96 but the metal version was only around ‘97 & ‘98.
The only polished 7005 aluminium bikes in those ranges (can’t be certain about ‘97) were the Tasmin, Carabo & the Rock.

Click on the catalogue link below in my signature.

Hope that helps

Brilliant, thank you for taking the time to reply you are a real asset to this forum. I now have a shortlist of 3 bikes to work to which should help me considerably.

I got the frame without forks but have recently acquired some nice polished rigid steel forks and planning to build it as a 1x setup with a leather saddle and grips plus a old style chromed mechanical speedo. I'm going for an old trails motorbike look and build it back up into a working bike rather than actually restore it to original spec but was curious about which model it was.

Looks to be a Carabo. Seems to have an identical frame to this model. Some of them had a different gear hanger design but this one is the same and the cable stops are the same plus appears to have the same extra fancy headtube badge and seat tube logos. Mystery solved. I realise there may have been more than one model that used this frame but as long as I can identify one model that uses it I'm happy. Strange about the branding and name going on the outside of the lacquer, nice if you want a clean frame though.

XcJz1EfSTLw0AViG1biw9AAFSnP-vUR4pRBsf5yBfJ_puoGOeWt_ARwH62SdCBhIeWA8AQY1ZdCdh2_EbDVj0ZphNjUxDLFmebnirCIJpGoXHhn9Z9CUkaXXNU2npGAOgSWRUsgg2-o-U6x4mmAxnwBWMPgBixgtD6daFU4FGN3fOFSexxyZjloqzAOUQNKXFt2AgZmK08dliQkIakgJSy0jU5MbbekE6G8bArOYIf3axkFaQf3h-srqSq-UbO9ILyG_lpWirE8iAuUaoCWfhqNNmj0wR-e-1N7pqJsIRV1w9WPO0AOY1y-npMrFsBnr5WZ8qNhA1I9VlOTHnSZvG1XfhFH5LYsGQa0ekX9M4fvHsPw54_O562Flm5N1Hz3oPCkPCxyoreed15I_NySBoj6C12ZhE_J_mnYFPW6ieUELUHiBgLFes2kNHLPyTAbD1G6ODjaQrKTmnA8qdDcYtOjcnohZOmJ6B3MeKmDZBzknVPsj95pZggnV5v3nM3OV_ILwPsHVY2_nSC7Tx8eX7CnwtBYCaXK1y2aI1DI-Sy8ru_bqatyINKKa2ALJvuFiocz6=w1184-h888-no

Good news.....

Back