The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

You want a D6C too?

Heres mine then!

file.php

I do have a few cassette decks to go through, most just need new belts and a clean but its getting the time

I may have a half decent Technics available that is easilly gettatable

Re:

Maybe worth asking here.

I need a replacement driver for my B&W DM610's it's a ZZ5745 (it fluffs for want of a better expression at times) and seems quite rare as some had a different driver fitted.

Carl.

Re: Re:

drcarlos":3glmokd0 said:
Maybe worth asking here.

I need a replacement driver for my B&W DM610's it's a ZZ5745 (it fluffs for want of a better expression at times) and seems quite rare as some had a different driver fitted.

Carl.

The names escape me but you can send it away to be rewired/coned.

Re: Re:

legrandefromage":1xb7d7rz said:
drcarlos":1xb7d7rz said:
Maybe worth asking here.

Carl.

The names escape me but you can send it away to be rewired/coned.

Well I knew about re-coning PA drivers 9as I would need ot in the disco business) but I didn't know people repaired hi-fi drivers.

Was it these people you were thinking of? http://www.audioloudspeakers.co.uk/boultons.shtml

£35 + VAT seems reasonable (and a lot cheaper than a NOS driver I did find), i'll drop them a line for a quote.

Yup, they sound ok. It should just need a rewire as all that happens in most cases is that the lacquer around the copper heats up a bit and starts rubbing against the magnet.

legrandefromage":28gazpsl said:
You want a D6C too?

Heres mine then!

file.php

I do have a few cassette decks to go through, most just need new belts and a clean but its getting the time

I may have a half decent Technics available that is easilly gettatable

Mark
S Between the D6C and Marantz CP230.......which one?

Re:

I've had a few cassette deck over the years and even the mighty nakamichi didn't impress that much, considering I'd paid £250 for a cassette deck 2.

I found a nice bright all round sound for 40 quid in a second hand shop, the deck was denon. Hopefully a screenshot of it is below.

I'm talking 90's.

Attachments

• 20191018_211746.jpg
    20191018_211746.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,138
....thats because you should have bought the Cassette Deck 1.

Those Nakamichis had a headroom of up to 22,000kHz with a TDK MA-X cassette, given the right bias settings they could give a better than CD sound.

Just dont expect to plonk an existing pre-recorded cassette into a machine and sound amazing, you will only get what was on the cassette.

Anyway, that Denon will be fine as long as the pinch rollers are clean and the heads are aligned/ demagnetized.

Back