Kona Mokomoko DH XC Setting?

The frame was bought with the shock in it's current position.

The catalogue scan shows it set in the corner (or in the left hole on my pic). http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... ewsIndex=1

So by assumption and from what I had been told by someone else, I presumed there were two settings :?: :?

Looking closer now it looks like the numpty has decided to move it there :?

There is no mension that the "Kona Stab" on the previous page is a DH bike either, but surely this is (or was BITD)?
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=12465

I'm also sure bikes back them were not so stiffly put into catagories as now

I'm still a bit miffed that this bike wasn't retro enough for "Retro Chat" and got moved by mods to "Off Topic" when the '98 catalogue is here :?

Actually the specs include Kona DH aluminum frame, Race Face DH crankset, and DH tyres. Plus the mention of "up and coming downhill riders." There weren't quite so many rigid categories, no. DH and XC mostly, and the "new generation of freeriders" mentioned in late 90's Kona catalogues. So pretty much 3 classes I guess. You don't see trail/enduro, DJ, 4x or slope style categories mentioned. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kona Paul":1k51qw9x said:
Actually the specs include Kona DH aluminum frame, Race Face DH crankset, and DH tyres. Plus the mention of "up and coming downhill riders." There weren't quite so many rigid categories, no. DH and XC mostly, and the "new generation of freeriders" mentioned in late 90's Kona catalogues. So pretty much 3 classes I guess. You don't see trail/enduro, DJ, 4x or slope style categories mentioned. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What on earth are these "DJ, 4x or slope style" ? :oops:

i think i gave you this duff info, after seeing the shock in its current position and noticing the marks on the hole in the corner, and with the later kona incarnations of this design having a movable shock position i assumed the feature was there from the start...

coiler.jpg

i have also defo seen a 90's full sus frame with XC and DH shock position settings (was it a marin?) and mixed everything up in my head.

Easy_Rider":2rp1ye2o said:
Kona Paul":2rp1ye2o said:

What on earth are these "DJ, 4x or slope style" ? :oops:

No idea, but I've seen it somewhere... :D

Well, i've moved it to the corner hole, and noticed that it should never have been put where it was, the hole is the same size as the other big holes :shock:
Some numpty thought he had a brainwave! No it wasn't Crud, he bought it like that and I aquired it off him, but that's why he thought there were two settings!

Latest posts

Back