17" decent steel frame and forks

ChrisFerg

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to build a touring bike for a trip from the UK to Japan, leaving in the spring. I had previously posted asking if anyone had an 18 inch frame that would be up to the job, but I've since been advised that in fact a 17" would probably fit me better (i'm 5'8").

So - does anyone have a decent steel MTB frameset, with not too aggressive a geometry that might suit converting to a touring bike?

Currently based in Brighton but can travel about a bit (will be making a trip to near bristol and swansea in the near future too.)

Thanks! :)
Chris

Re:

I've got a steel Stumpjumper with forks in a 18 which I'm sure will be fine for you. Could do with a lick of paint if I was fussy :)

Re:

What kind of budget? I have a NOS Orbit built from 531, lugged and brazed with a good amount of braze-ons. It was more than likely built as a 26” wheeled Touring bike so is a bit taller at the front too.

I have a Bontrager Privateer Comp frame and matching Rockshox Judy XC here that can go if that suits your needs? It’s a medium.

Hi WimVDD and everyone else, thanks so much for all your offers! I managed to pick up an Orange Clockwork from someone on here which should do the job nicely :) Any problems with that and i'll get in touch.

Back