For Sale '92-94 San Andreas Frame For Sale

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
A 1992 to 1994 Mountain Cycles San Andreas frame only for sale - serial 11209.

Super early (to the UK at least) model with an unblemished monocoque and a functioning Risse shock.

It has fading rare original decals now as you can see, but there is enough intact to be able to get a good trace off to recreate fresh cut ones if you so wish.

Pending dismantling/stripping this frame.

No dibs thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6798.jpg
    IMG_6798.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 839
Last edited:
Re: '95 FSR or '91/2 San An For Sale

Ooh lovely. Have you had the San An from new? Doubly rare to be so early and so unmarked.

Re:

Loving the San Andreas.. I've been after one for a while but in medium :( . Good luck with the sale but I'm sure it won't stick around for long

Supratada":20638ljz said:
Ooh lovely. Have you had the San An from new? Doubly rare to be so early and so unmarked.

I sold that to Neil in about, oooo, er, 2008...?

Second one in the UK after Paul Smith's according to folklore. :)

Re:

In fact I still have the original elastomer shock for it on my desk as a paper weight...

:facepalm:

BB - do we know who the original owner was? Must have come to the UK with the Paul Smith one surely?

It's a 1994 san andreas, So was sold late 93/early 94.

It's the 1994 decals, pivot clamp and 2 part front mech mount, same as mine (serial 1115:cool:.

Both are beautiful bikes, if that spesh were a few sizes smaller I'd be talking to my bank manager.

mrkawasaki":l5tw385n said:
BB - do we know who the original owner was? Must have come to the UK with the Paul Smith one surely?

Paul Smith bought his very very early on, in the US when he was out there - didn't come in to the UK in terms of him purchasing it here.

Wish I could remember more what he told me about it, but I was listening instead to his stories about Funk, and Dan Hanebrink and his Lunar Rover springs...

My_Teenage_Self":1hi0xub8 said:
It's a 1994 san andreas, So was sold late 93/early 94.

It's the 1994 decals, pivot clamp and 2 part front mech mount, same as mine (serial 1115:cool:.

Both are beautiful bikes, if that spesh were a few sizes smaller I'd be talking to my bank manager.

Pivot clamp and 2 part front mech mount are as per the PS frame - decals are later most likely, but the other details are the same...

Maybe your's is a '91 not a '94?

But I bow to your superior MC knowledge!

Back