You may knock Ford, but they can do high miles....

crud":7d29cpvl said:
longun":7d29cpvl said:
fords always have been good reliable honest cars,maybe not always the best looking but with proper tlc theyll last for ages :D but im bias and ive got a geniune 24k mk1 xr2 :D :D :D

are you on the mk1 fiesta forum?

i have a mk1 xr2, janspeed turbo converted (on original crossflow engine) 74k...in red

that sounds fun! my first car was a mk1 xr2, me and my mate bought it to thrash around his farm, then passed our tests and had mk2 xr2's. i 'm a german car fan but those little fords were more fun than my golf gti's i had after them!

greenfinger":tgnr4ern said:
crud":tgnr4ern said:
longun":tgnr4ern said:
fords always have been good reliable honest cars,maybe not always the best looking but with proper tlc theyll last for ages :D but im bias and ive got a geniune 24k mk1 xr2 :D :D :D

are you on the mk1 fiesta forum?

i have a mk1 xr2, janspeed turbo converted (on original crossflow engine) 74k...in red

that sounds fun! my first car was a mk1 xr2, me and my mate bought it to thrash around his farm, then passed our tests and had mk2 xr2's. i 'm a german car fan but those little fords were more fun than my golf gti's i had after them!

ive had a mk2 too... i have also had 5 mk3's currentl have a red mk3 rs turbo...just call me fiesta man :roll:

aye with a past record like that its an appropriate name :D i had one mk3 very briefly, a 1.6 'S'. was an ok car but the dreaded rust had set in pretty bad. always liked the rs1800's...

Fiesty Fiesta

Crud,
janspeed turbo converted (on original crossflow engine)
I'll admit it, I'm a car nerd :)

What sort of power is a turbo crossflow putting out? I know of one all steel race engine in a Caterham that peaks at 186 bhp but that is at over 8500rpm :eek:

Capri man(retired), I saw jimihendrix's yesterday and was very jealous :mrgreen:

Re: Fiesty Fiesta

Alba 7":1j092fid said:
Crud,
janspeed turbo converted (on original crossflow engine)
I'll admit it, I'm a car nerd :)

What sort of power is a turbo crossflow putting out? I know of one all steel race engine in a Caterham that peaks at 186 bhp but that is at over 8500rpm :eek:

I know that that Janspeed conversion was factory done from new, its not a later bolt-on jobbie, so power output is not massive but enough!

yup on mk1fiesta and oldskoolford and xrtwo and rep for fordsport

heres mine
traxn2ndupdate024.jpg

stripped it and currently restoring it,made a new loom,reconing the engine,blah blah..........only meant to change the power cable and do a few bits n bobs :roll: spirreled well out of control.

mymk1xr2027.jpg

to this
DSC01073.jpg

gygygy.jpg

ooooooooh ek!

looked like this when i first got it

mymk1xr2008.jpg

mymk1xr2013.jpg

ill start a topic else were if anybodys interested ;)

Back