Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:16 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 992 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 63%  63%  [ 66 ]
Link from a friend 14%  14%  [ 15 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 13%  13%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 104
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:19 am 

Hello everyone, I have a pretty old Frank Herety that I bought on Ebay around 10 years ago for £250, it was all original when I got it (not in amazing shape), but the old gears and brakes were knackered so managed to swap for some modern stuff from a wrecked donor bike, I also changed the handlebars and seat post (wish I'd kept the originals). I was using it as a daily commuter for a good few years. But a house move meant I never really used it so it sat and rotted in the shed for a long time, which is to my eternal shame!!

I have been meaning to renovate the bike for a long time and have finally committed to it, which I hope is not too late for the old girl.

I've stripped the frame down and am hoping to take the frame to Bob Jackson in Leeds for a full respray soon! Just awaiting some tools for the last bits.

If anyone can tell me a bit about the bike that would be awesome, I can just make out the serial number on the bottom bracket as FHS 90.

Here she is...

Post subject: Re: Ibis Spankey
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:00 pm 

Hi everybody, I am wondering if anybody has any knowledge of the above bike manufacturer, I have had a 1998 red one for around 20 years, the bike is as it came out of the showroom, no mods or alteration, red magic helium wheels, all ultegra brake and groupset, it has not been ridden for several years so I am wondering what it may be worth https://photos.app.goo.gl/SKS3eD1hKiKuLE8j6

Last edited by Fishboy on Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:31 am 

Hi all, I'm a yank from Florida, near Tampa. Recently bought a 1985 Raleigh Super Course 12 speed bike in fair shape and tinkering with it to get it ready, once our seemingly forever heat waves release us. I've been around long enough to have fond memories of the 1973 Peugeot bike I purchased new when I was in college in Berkeley, CA. With children grown and gone I'm excited to take up pleasure biking again. This is a Raleigh USA version made in Taiwan with 555SL lugged frame, Shimano Golden Arrow derailleurs and SR crank and pedals. The only parts I haven't identified are the brake calipers, as the stencils have worn to the point that I cannot recognize a name. Still more to do but I am enjoying the ride again! Happy to be among you all!
Jim

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipO ... fnpIeANCvN

Last edited by jreeves on Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:33 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Welcome aboard Jim.
Raleigh sounds good, enjoy.

Jamie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:55 am 

Jamiedyer wrote:
Welcome aboard Jim.
Raleigh sounds good, enjoy.

Jamie

Many thanks! Happen to know how I may go about posting a photo or two of my bike?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:06 am 

Most people will post photos by using a hosting site rather than direct upload as an attachment as files need to be quite small for that way. I myself use Flickr.com which is free up to 1000 photos. Some use photobucket, even google have a free photo section.
Basically you upload your photo to them and then use the link to it.
Hope that makes sense.

Jamie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:45 pm 

Hi all, I’m from N.Ireland, and I’m looking to bring my fathers 1967 bob Jackson Olympus racing bike back from the dead. I have the frame , a Williams ab77, weinmann brakes, campag gran sport shifters, and two large flange wheels, and that’s it. Will be asking for help along the way. Wish me luck!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:07 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all !
First post ! I’m Lee from the Lake District , Keen road and mtb rider, have raced both but now racing Bmx, used to race back in the day but my son got me back into it.

I have a few bikes and getting into some more retro road bikes and trying to find info on the bikes.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:09 am 

Welcome aboard everyone.
Jump right in on the various sections and join in the banter. We are a friendly lot, so always welcome some new input :)

Jamie

Post subject: Freddie grubb
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:48 pm 

My dads old Freddie grubb might be up for sale and also Emporio sport. Any inquiries welcome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 992 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next