Condor (Pendio?) frame - 531 Designer Select

daccordimark

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Price: £150 + £25 delivery in the UK.
A full set of photos is here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/La93dm29tFPstMZ39

I've been riding this frame for a while now but have finally admitted defeat and accepted it's too big for me.
Even with a shorter stem the long top tube doesn't suit me so it's time to move it on.

From my research I think it's a Pendio touring/Audax model made in 1992 and has the following features:

Reynolds 531 Designer Select frame tubing with 531 forks.
Columbus dropouts with mudguard eyes.
Double bottle cage bosses.
Braze-on gear lever bosses.
Rear pannier rack bosses on the seat stays.
"Condor" engraved on the fork crown, head tube lugs, top eyes, bottom bracket and a "C" on the seat stay bridge.

Rear spacing is 130mm so takes modern wheels with no problem.
Seat tube: 54cm c-c
Top Tube: 56cm c-c
Head tube: 13cm
Seatpin dia: 27mm
Weight as pictured: 2.86kg
Max tyre size: 25mm with mudguards or 28mm without.
Brakes: short drop Allen key fitting.

The paint is a fabulous metallic purple/lilac which really sparkles in the sun! The black panel on the seat tube seems to be from when a previous owner has had a braze-on front mech mount professionally removed and then just had the paint damage covered up. There are a few scrapes in the paint in the usual places and a small rounded dent in the back of the seat tube opposite the lower bottle cage mount which I've tried to photograph but it's a bit tricky to see.

It will come with the Campag Chorus headset pictured plus a Campag seat binder bolt that I forgot to re-install for the pictures. The headset has quite a lot of pitting on the lower cup bearing surface and fork crown race but it felt smooth enough in use. The top half and the bearings themselves are in excellent condition.

NB: This frame is also listed on the Cycling UK forum.

Attachments

• frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 853
  • frame2.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 853
  • headtube.jpg
    headtube.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 849
  • headlugs.jpg
    headlugs.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 847
  • seatcluster1.jpg
    seatcluster1.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 846
  • seatstays.jpg
    seatstays.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 848
  • bottombracket1.jpg
    bottombracket1.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 845
  • bottombracket2.jpg
    bottombracket2.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 847
These are lovely riding frames, I have a very similar, although slightly smaller and slightly newer ('97) Pendio built from 653 and it's an absolute dream to ride, whoever buys this will not be disappointed.

Back