what do i do??

billinjah

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
no names but story is this i sold my fat ti to a forum member they paid me a deposit of £50 then they were paying 3 monthly installments we are now past the due date of the second installment and i havent even had the first! do i just keep the deposit ( i was clear it was non refundable) and re sell the frame? i havent had a response for 3 weeks form the buyer.

3 weeks :? I'd leave it longer ,he may be unavailable for a whole number of reasons,at least try to exhausted all other forms of contact, such as personal email[mods may let you have it if you dont ,though im not sure what the legal standpoint is on that]
Is it a longstanding member? ,maybe other members have sold or bought from him and have a phone number or address,
Funny thing ,its usually you've paid your money and received nothing
:LOL:

if i were you i'd try and contact him. if you cant resell it and keep the deposit. if you get what you wanted for it and can get hold of original man, give him his 50 back. if you dont, keep the 50. if i'd bought something and handed 50 quid over i'd make sure i kept in touch.

I'd resell, it's gone beyond good will even if there is a good reason.

As for the deposit, well if they come clean with a good reason and you're not out of pocket on the sale then give it back. If it at all appears they were time-wasting, keep it.

Send an email or pm plus post on here saying that if you don't hear within a specified time of your choice that you are reselling

I go along with give the 50 quid back if you can cover it, if not see how you feel about it. I'm bit of a soft touch and would probably give it back, but its really only a decision you can make depending on the circumstances involved.

ive sent hime the email sayin ill resell it so lets see what happens. we agreed the sale at the beginning of september so its been a while! ill give him till sunday then if no joy ill resell.

if you agreed the sale at the beginning of september it sounds like you are being way over-reasonable. (is that a word? it is now)

I would let me continue the payments and let me have it as thats a dream bike for me!!!!!!

But i would speak to him and give him a little longer.

You really need to wait until the last payment comes up and turns it all into a payment in full. You need to inform him to pay up immediately in writing or deposit is forfieted. Then you can resell. Better to have the documentation at hand.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back