GT BRAVADO Modern Rebuild on NOS Frame

nice build. 6 months ago i would have said to keep it all retro but i am about to do a very similar thing to you. old frames are way better than new!

lewis1641":2xme2clm said:
nice build. 6 months ago i would have said to keep it all retro but i am about to do a very similar thing to you. old frames are way better than new!

I'm the same way inclined, why put old parts on really good frames. Components have come a long way in the last 10 years and shimano's trickle down technology mean that components costing hundreds in the 90's are now 1/4 of the price for the same if not better spec.

I really love retro builds they bring back so much nostalgia and make me feel young BUT I've experimented with the build on this frame and I love it. The reason I put modern parts on this frame was primarily because it was mint NOS and wanted a new bike look. In my opinion it works and works well.

I really want a Xizang so to fund it I'm definitely going to sell this bike and will be listing it on eBay. What do you think would be a fair Buy it Now price. I'm thinking that this would be a great xmas present for someone and it's the ideal time to sell.

I might consider putting it up on auction but would have to put a reserve on it. I would want the bike to sell but am not willing to give it away for peanuts. What would you think would be a fair reserve price. I have considered breaking up the parts to resell but it seems a shame to do so.

Back