Trimble spray job

rody":21133xt0 said:
Jez,

I'm actually surprised at the astonishment displayed from the board...I thought most knew that the Trimbles were infact fiberglass laid. Although some were made of actual carbon, the fabric and resin that was used turned out to be to brittle, fracturing at the bottom of the spine tube.

What amazes me more is that people who purchase Asian made "carbon" frames today still believe their frame is the real deal. The majority of these frames are glass with a single layer of carbon on the exterior lay...just enough to justify the marketing.

cheers,

rody

nar, i'm not surprised by any of that, my intional question was how the paint was removed as paintstriping nitromors is bad idea on carbon (no matter how little is actually used)... I hadnt considered the sanding option :)
I am surprised by the weight! there are plenty of modern 140mm travel FS bike frames that weigh less! (see my signature ;) :LOL:

cult retro frame as previously stated tho :D

Kestrel just told me to lightly sand the paint for a key ➡️

Attachments

• paint kestrel.gif
    paint kestrel.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 2,956
Something like that !!??
8697171_p.jpg

8697271_p.jpg

8697287_p.jpg

8697310_p.jpg

8697326_p.jpg

:roll:

Awesome again !

Thats pretty good!!!! Thats very very close to the colours and style of this:

Is it the camera making it less vibrant or does it need to be more fluorescent? :oops:

I think the yellowy/green is a little more brighter? It could be the camera tho.

You are pretty awesome though! Looks awesome!

Attachments

• trimble1.jpg
    trimble1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,898
Ah thats superb. You may be right there as its matt.

Your going to get so many people sending you their frames Kris. Your going to have a busy 2007 for sure..... :D

Ooh yes

A response from Trimble themselves...

"The old ones were made of fiberglass up to the early 1990 now they are 100% carbon with a bi weave finish."

Ahhhh :!:

:D
lighting varies the colour, is necessary to see once varnished!
:oops:

I would make photographs with the sun!!once painting dries :roll:

Back