Campagnolo Record/Super Record Head Set?

dwscrimshaw

Retro Guru
How can you identify a 1980's Super Record headset? They all look the same to me. I am assuming weight has a lot to do with it and material as the Super used Titanium I believe. The attached is a std record I assume, with steel cup and fork race, but what would a super look like?

Attachments

• weight.JPG
    weight.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 364
  • Headset.JPG
    Headset.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 364
That's a drilled out top race so that bits a Super Record / Allegarrita item. Cups look smooth with no writing so a Pista item.

Essentially Nuovo Record had steel everything and SR had alloy cups and the top bit that went into the frame was drilled steel. There was no titanium. Best not mention the Alleggarita lol

http://velobase.com/ListComponents.aspx ... 5628ea75e7

ok, thanks. I must admit I was expecting something more special than that. Looks like I have the right head set then. I have a latter one fitted to one of my other bikes that is much lighter, was expecting Super Record to be similar.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 343
Lots of Super Record was based on Nuovo Record with a few changes. The SR brake callipers were the same as NR apart from the the SR had alloy brake shoes.... The SR cranks were identical to NR cranks lol

Back