Does this look wrong to anyone else?

A zero degree stem and get shot of the 3DV and red. I reckon that'll sort it out. I like the look of the original race guards and although the forks a bit long for the frame without all the excess colour I think you'll get away with it.

Excellent ,lots of critical feedback to mull over.
Not shiny and exciting ,i like that description,sums my feelings up perfectly
------------------
Though it looks like -lose the boosters,skinny + flatten the stem,change the crank to an understated black,a less worn seatpost and a skinny grey saddle
My first adult bike [second] hand was a m/fox courier light blue with white porcs
So maybe white or amber tyres
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alas nobody answered the syncros hint

Mudguard fork and chainset draw the eye,making the frame appear short and tall.Don't think the colours being at odds with each other helps either.How does it ride?

Ditch the mudguard and the dodgy coloured chainrings. Also maybe adjust the saddle angle, and a zero rise stem. And the brake boosters too.

Also the head and seat angles look a bit slack, was the bike designed for suspension?

konahed":nfkaa5pn said:
Also the head and seat angles look a bit slack, was the bike designed for suspension?
As far as im aware most hi end frames were sus adjusted in '98,'99,im guessing so

I would...

Sell the cranks and forks on ebay-
Use funds to buy some sexy rigid forks, a shorter stem, an of the era xt/xtr chainset and a flite saddle.

Should both look better and also ride better

:)

CTK":2r2440y5 said:
I would...

Sell the cranks and forks on ebay-
Use funds to buy some sexy rigid forks, a shorter stem, an of the era xt/xtr chainset and a flite saddle.

Should both look better and also ride better

:)

Sexy rigids eh? hmmm that does sound nice ,being retrobike ,i suppose it will have to be pace ,and an xtr C/set was in my mind too
Thanks ,things are looking brighter,wish my debts would do the same :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

dyna-ti":36409y93 said:
konahed":36409y93 said:
As far as im aware most hi end frames were sus adjusted in '98,'99,im guessing so

Going by the distance between the top of the front tyre and the bottom of the headtube (looks too big) i would say no, not this frame anyway, also as has already been mentioned the top tube should be level.

I've just remembered i saw thison someones post on SPD its from the '97 cat',my bottom bracket carries the letter H ,from that posts on the SPD range i think this signifies either '97 or '98 ,the pic also looks identical to mine,the only thing i cant quite make out is the rear dropout the polished frame and cassette make it difficult to see
Theres a little mount on the mono-stay where i fitted the crud,i now think it was possibly for a canti stop of some kind that fixed on there

Back