PC help please

stew-b

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
im looking at getting a TV card for my pc for pretty much the sole purpose of backing up programs that are on my sky +hard drive rather than buying a dvd recorder to do the same job.does anyone know what sort of card i need and if it will even work?

Try searching if you can just hook up you PC to SKY+ or if you can popped the harddrive out of it and grab it that way.

But you do not need a TV card, something like ComPro's C200 will do the job and is less than £30 at ebuyer.

Though you maybe able to spend a little more and get a DVB-S card with the same input connectors and you can then watch free to view from your satellite input (at least from teh same input you use for the Sky, else you may need something like multiple whatsits (LNB's?)and things, but then I've never used Sat/Sky).

stew-b":21bc5sy6 said:
im looking at getting a TV card for my pc for pretty much the sole purpose of backing up programs that are on my sky +hard drive rather than buying a dvd recorder to do the same job.does anyone know what sort of card i need and if it will even work?

Looked into this ages ago for sky and virgin when it was telewest blueyonder and back then the only and easiest way to back them up was via pc or dvd recorder the dvd recorder, there is a program called copy plus worth looking at for if the sky plus drive ever fills up to much and need to put a larger hdd in sky as it copies the setting and films from one to the other for you

http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/

Back