FINISHED! - More or Less NOS Pace RC200 F1

Re: Re:

velofrog":1vax9zbj said:
Alec, just a wee heads-up re the Suntour SE brakes, looks like you have two pairs... found this online:

"They are front/rear specific. As the brake arm rotates inward, it should also move slightly in the direction of the rim rotation, hence the self-energizing mechanism. It turns the forward momentum of the rim into a motion that reinforces the brakes being engaged."

That's why I bought 'em - remember the brakes on the Pace RC35s are on the rear of the fork legs, so they will work the same as when the brakes are fitted to the seat stays....... :cool:

If I go the RC30 route, then I'll look up some standard XC Pro front brakes

Re: New project - More or Less NOS Pace RC200 F1

Finally got the RC30s painted. Not perfect, so I may redo them in the future - went for gloss black as it'll be hard to match the semi-matt anodising on the frame. Need new bolts for the crown.

Untitled by Bollox2u, on Flickr

....and the wheels have been in at the LBS for a month, waiting to get built :|

First off, superb work thus far. Looking forward to seeing it complete! For the bolts, unless they are stripped or otherwise damaged, I soak them in a small container of Evapo-Rust or comparable product. I keep a gallon on hand for such jobs and their restored over night. I cost the bolt heads and what will be visible with a gun bluing marker similar to a paint pen. Like the rust product, it’s an inexpensive solution, available most anywhere, near immediate results and I know I have the correct thread pitch, length and material spec. I know “gun bluing” may be a scary term for some suppliers in many countries but it’s just a fast-drying, lead-free paint with superior adhesion and durability that helps fill in deep scratches or worn areas. It comes in gloss black or flat black. Amazon and most every big box store has a similar product. The main thing is I don’t get bogged down trying to locate the correct screw and costing myself a days waiting or looking. Just an FYI. Cheers!

Bollox64":3uio0d7i said:
Finally got the RC30s painted. Not perfect, so I may redo them in the future - went for gloss black as it'll be hard to match the semi-matt anodising on the frame. Need new bolts for the crown.

Untitled by Bollox2u, on Flickr

It's looking good!
For future reference... you can have the forks Cerokoated...of course at a price and I reckon it'll be 35-50 quid?? if you do the prep.
It's an incredibly hard finish @ .0004" thick available in a myriad of colours including Pace grey I reckon.
Its a finish used in the shooting industry amongst other demanding applications.

My RC 35 crown screws are pretty awful to.. Ive been toying with the idea of stainless... for the last 13 years ;)

Wow that frame is beautiful !! :eek: I love the all black style with touch of gold

Back