Does this look wrong to anyone else?

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I suppose im nearly finished building this bike 'cept for a change to triple
But for the life of me i can't get over the fact that i don't find it aesthetically pleasing
I think it looks Squat
Anyone got any thoughts on this

frame needs its stickers

the bike has a lot of detailed areas except the large single coloured tubes , the relevant decals will tie it all together

looks kinda utilitarian

dyna-ti":9d0lia4y said:
But for the life of me i can't get over the fact that i don't find it aesthetically pleasing
you are right, it looks horrible :D
you are mixing totally weird colours. 3DV, blue metalic and red?!? change the cranks, take off the brake boosters...
the stem is too fat for the frame. i'd change it for a slimmer black cromo stem (salsa?).
take off the mudguard if you want the bike to look good.
well... and the fork doesn't fit that frame. i already told you once. its a really cool fork, but NOT on that frame...
i hope my comments are not too harsh. i mean well...

hmm

brake boosters is the ugliest thing u could stick to a bike..., this is a bike that in your mind kicked ass before u build it,. But didn't really work out, change to a shimano crankset, ditch the kore stem, add stickers and I think an rigid fork would be a better choice. Thoose forks need a small slooped frame to look ace! And it seems to be a commuter, u don't need suspension for that. The bike is nice but needs some rearranging for a clean look...

Agree with above, the top tube should be horizontal, the forks lifting it and then the rise on the stem looks like the bikes pulling backwards, this carries through the bike when you look at the chainstay and chain and a very relaxed seat tube. I would go rigid, 0 rise stem , ditch the mudgaurd an apply some decals, go more racy look.

The boosters were my idea to prevent a bit of flex when using v's and although i've always preferred that style of crud it doesn't suit the booster, it makes it look all jumbled up and not sure of what its doing,but i'd rather lose the booster than the crud
----------------------------------------------------------
The stem is a old/new purchase from ebay and replaces a syncros 1 i didnt like much either,like you say, a thin 1 like a controltech would suit better
-------------------------------------------------------------
The colours aint too bad :shock: ,though if i lose the boosters and repaint the springs back to their original black ,then the 3dv and blue will look great [i am going for a gawky look
As to the fork/frame Inigo,i think it does suit and suit very well,you wouldnt be happy to see them anywhere other than an Amp frame :LOL: :LOL: and even then ;) :LOL: :LOL:
And i do believe even a commuter can us a bit of sus',The gov here in the UK have allowed the roads to get into a terrible state ,we've got more pothole than your average 3 rd world country[Wrong weather u see ,cant have asphalt]

The Decals would make a huge difference or perhaps stripping to the bare then decals
Poss swop the cranks for a polished syncros one,hmmmmmmmm
Thanks much Everyone ,much food for though

well

take my advice and don't strip. it's a looot of work, and it's boring.

I'm having the same problem with my GT it just ain't cutting it. I'm building it right now and I know that I'm not gonna ride it, doesn't feel right. But at least it's an good idea to try the gear out for another frame...

Take the rear panier off and change the wheels and tyres, they are the weirdest bit. I also dont think you have taken a picture from the best angle. It looks dull, not shiny and exciting.

BUT I DO LIKE THE FORKS :LOL:

Frame and fork work for me. Boosters, mudguard, stem and chainset don't. Ditch the first two, flatter stem, more chainrings.

Back