‘96/‘97 Orange C-16R

malt

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I’m after some advice on colour options for the C-16R.

I’ve just managed to save one from the dump, it’s currently looking very sorry for itself but the frame is sound.

At present it’s silver, but I’m not to taken by it. I’ve been searching all over the place and seem to have seen so many different colours that it’s getting really confusing :?

Does anyone know what colours they would have come in, and better still, paint codes.

Thanks in advance.

M

Ok, so I managed to find, then lost a picture of a C-16R in orange on the tinterwebs...would anyone have more info about it? Better pics, paint code?

I’m at a loss here, any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

RAL codes are a very limited range of shades. Manufacturers in general don't use them.
Personally I paint in whatever colour takes my fancy. The C16 is a nice bike but not exactly rare, and originality is going to carry little value in my view.

Re:

My friend had a Matt Black one with Orange stickers bitd. I always thought that was a nice looking bike.

hamster":792u1vl9 said:
RAL codes are a very limited range of shades. Manufacturers in general don't use them.
Personally I paint in whatever colour takes my fancy. The C16 is a nice bike but not exactly rare, and originality is going to carry little value in my view.

I'd not be doing it for profit, but I'd still want to keep it period correct, after all, if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Re: Re:

justablur":o7nxs8i9 said:
My friend had a Matt Black one with Orange stickers bitd. I always thought that was a nice looking bike.

Satin black is one idea, I've got some purple decals on the way...that would also work with orange too..oh the options :shock:

I think the RAL number is 2005 for the "classic" Orange shade, but think they probably experimented somewhat. I have a '93 Clockwork, it's very bright orange- an acquired taste, you might regret choosing it.. Then again, maybe not!

lensmansteve":2402n65v said:
I think the RAL number is 2005 for the "classic" Orange shade, but think they probably experimented somewhat. I have a '93 Clockwork, it's very bright orange- an acquired taste, you might regret choosing it.. Then again, maybe not!

Looks quite nice from what I’ve seen. I’ll have to grab a tester and see what it’s like in real life.

Back