The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re:

Low end stereo question - I have a 1990s Technics CD player in the garage which has stopped reading discs. Guessing a laser problem. How feasible to transfer a laser/CD drive from an old laptop? Would that be possible?

Just don't like throwing things out!

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":3h4msym5 said:
Rega planar 2 record deck any good ?
Yes.

They were always regarded as the best of the low end. The Planar 3 was the first to lead the mid range TTs. How old is it?

Re:

I might have missed it as I didn't realise what it was at first, it looks pretty old with a wood body, but it was free :facepalm: :facepalm: :(

kermitgreenkona88":1w0ekv21 said:
I might have missed it as I didn't realise what it was at first, it looks pretty old with a wood body, but it was free :facepalm: :facepalm: :(

First generation and IMHO the best of the series. The arm is a R200 and so, so but they seem to have a cult following. They were a simplified version of the Acos Lustre GST-1 made in Japan for Rega. The RB250 (later arm - Rega Britian) was better and UK made. It is a simple swap.

IMG_6359.jpg

kermitgreenkona88":2c66bone said:
Thats the exact one, they say it doesn't work but if they do get back to me I will still grab it.

Easy to fix....probably just the drive belt!

Back