lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks like a 98 or 99 maybe, should have avid v's some spesh own brand stuff and ritchey post. Proven suspension design, and an ok level of comfort. Someting like 2-3 inches of travel. I'm basing alot of this on a stumpjumper FSR that I have of the same era(99) which has the same backend on it.

I am on my second. They are much better than people give them credit for. A few well made changes can really turn them into a good bike. A lot of people on this site say that they are ugly, which i kind of agree with but they are strong, not too heavy and iron out the bumps really rather well and the best bit is that you will leave everyone behind when you are going downhill.

Pm me if you need anything more, i feel like i am the FSR support group!

Also i would say its a 98/99 because of the spec. The suspension changed full suspension for good as 4 bar hosrt linkage is still regarded as the best design in terms of outright perfomance.

99.9% sure it's a 1998, similar spec and alternative paint job to my Stumpy.... Not bad at all for £106!!!

cheers people. i only bid as it looked like it was going too cheap but to be honest i dont really want it! its probably going to be for sale again soon, or i'll use it as a "bait" bike in the shed. or a it'll get stripped, cleaned rebuilt and put in the shed as another bike for the mrs to moan about! got a kileuea on the way as well now so i neet to calm down a bit!

98 model

Nice bike for that money, well done.
I agree with the above reagrding it being a 98 model. This was the base model FSR. In 99 the colours/decals were half silver around where it says FSR etc rather than the solid colours of 98. If you do split I may be interested in the forks.
Cheers
Jamie

Back