Bike of the month August 2019 - NOMINATIONS

Smithjss70":19zkg20o said:
Smithjss70's 1989 Yeti C-26 Tribute Bike

Build thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=401560&p=2959640#p2959640

LMwJUD.jpg

Unicorn! :eek:

*****EDIT****

Here is my poorly phrased question that unintentionally started such a fracas; :facepalm:

How does this qualify as a retro bike? It was built in 2019....

I leave it here not to be controversial but to give context to what follows.
With the use of that wonderful tool hindsight, I can see how it was misconstrued as rude and confrontational and have discussed amicably with Smithjss70 via PM since.
Please, do me a favour and try to refrain from quoting it, as the last thing I want is for any further bad feeling.

Peachy.... :|

Peachy!":2gb9l814 said:

If Adrian feels the need to pull it, that's cool; Otherwise, you should stay in your lane. Better yet, why don't you put something forward. I try to keep this place alive with new content and away from crusty, nasty people. It's an 89’ FRO frame, as are all C-26s, as well as the the components. You do the math.

# Edited by admin #

Peachy!":1wek1xe1 said:
Smithjss70":1wek1xe1 said:
Peachy!":1wek1xe1 said:

Your mum said it did...Just last night.

If Adrian feels the need to pull it, that's cool. Otherwise, you need to stay in your lane.

What you should have said is, "Jason, Chris didn't offer a 3DV 2Nut headset in 89, only silver and black". Or, "hey man, I'd go with black Odis over purple". That would have been awesome. Instead, you question my build and submission to a simple BOTM.

To be honest, I don't see a place for you here, but that's not my call. My goal is to contribute, not detract.

Happy again to meet in person or over the phone...Just say the word. I've sent you my coordinates.

Sorry guys, I do not like confrontation but this guy needed to be called out. Nothing but crap, since he joined our forum.

Say something else.

Peachy!":3otp8y06 said:

So let's build on this to excuse the pun, parking the dedication and love that's gone into the build.

Built in 2019 using an old Yeti with modern carbon tubes, complemented with old components.

Does that qualify it for BOTM? I guess this differs slightly from the other one where the tubes were from the era.

al-onestare":3hjyu52u said:
Peachy!":3hjyu52u said:

So let's build on this to excuse the pun, parking the dedication and love that's gone into the build.

Built in 2019 using an old Yeti with modern carbon tubes, complemented with old components.

Does that qualify it for BOTM? I guess this differs slightly from the other one where the tubes were from the era.

Yeah I’ll get me coat....

Re:

What Smithjss70 meant to say was was this is a retro bike, it has had some tubes replaced as you would with a rusty Roberts for example, only this time he's gone with carbon tubes to emulate a bike he loves and yes as with many retro rides there may be some non period correct parts that are still in keeping with the build.

I don't think that name calling and bringing Peachy's mum into the discussion is needed though, that should be kept on private messaging should you feel it's the correct course for you to follow.

Perhaps I'm just looking in from the outside and I don't know the history between some of us but I don't know why folks have to fall out and why so publicly instead of just getting on with what the thread title says.

Back