Talk to me about GRISLEY bikes

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":39ex1dfo said:
I lusted after the Team 1000,it had a bonded alloy frame with Mag 21s,full XT and Ritchey brakeset and finishing kit.It was out 93/94 I think.
http://www.peugeotshow.com/1993nl/1993nl_12.jpg

Yes i remember those, Not to be mistaken with the lower quality Peugeot “Team Replica” bikes you find like the one in the eBay & Marketplace watch section of the forum Just now ;)

Re:

I have a Grisley...Peugeot Team 1000...love the look of these. There were various in the family. The Look range and then Grisley.
The assumption is Reflex are the same. They weren't as I understand they were actual made by Easton (Reflex were a sub company). Mine says made in France...not Canada where Grisley was from.
They have a little Grisley insignia on them on the top of the seat stay, even if branded Pegeout or Look. The Reflex bikes don't.

img_0111.jpg

Peugeot Teamline 1000

team_l10.jpg

file.php

Reflex MBA in 1989

Reflex_Rogers_kl.JPG

Look Mi90

file.php

Grisley Glacier

1807484-bq840g2o9l7a-grisleyglacier-medium.jpg

Re:

Okay...revise what I said about Reflex frames.

They are the same. It seems frames were centrally manufactured in Salt Lake and then later some were sent out for assembly, hence some made in USA, Canada, Europe etc. Given these were tubes glued into the BB, Head tube with seat stay bolted, it makes sense. Also efficient way of building.

Easton started with the ALX range of frames in late 1980's....I brought some into the UK in 1988 through my ski shop. Other manufacturers were concerned by Easton being in the market in 1990s, as they had a huge cost advantage, so they supplied via Grisley, Look, Peugeot etc and then Easton quietly stepped out by selling the business to Look (whose parent company I can't remember but owned a number of brands/licensing deal...Peugeot, I presume, included).

The 1991 frames were really 2 types, carbon, of witch there were 2. One with carbon fron triangle AFC, the other CFT with carbon down tube, the rest being double butted aluminium. The aluminum frames were either double butted or straight aluminum. Differing models having differing grade of components.
Whilst Yeti are famous for the C26, Raleigh the "Experimential" JT Carbon frame (Specilized did one and Trek etc), it might be said these from Easton, designed by Peter Grisley (he originally designed the lug aluminum frame and licensed the technology to Reflex for mass production) were the first....! Likewise the Reflex bikes were the first to use Easton's Taperwall tubing, although I believe Yeti claim they were. Anyway for 1989/9 they were pretty advance bike...there was no comparision between a Muddy Fox Courier and Reflex!!

Reflex being used in anger by Tom Rogers

TR87mammothTechniumWorlds.jpg

His Bike spec:

Reflex_Rogers_kl.JPG

1991 Reflex ACF...same as Peugeot Carbon & Look Mi90 Carbon frames (except for colour)

827332acd408082e01d81853f86bfe3a--mountain-bike-frames-sculptures.jpg

1991 Reflex TWX Limited - Same as Grisley Glacier, Peugeot 1000 Teamline (aluminum tubing, not carbon)

ReflexSide.JPG

Was there a big call for skiing in Suffolk? I know I had problems with my chocolate coffee table emporium every summer...

legrandefromage":rw2jy4w0 said:
Was there a big call for skiing in Suffolk? I know I had problems with my chocolate coffee table emporium every summer...

Long time ago, different life on High Street Kensington, there a number ski emprouims (some of which still exist) who equally had difficult keeping snow year round.

So, here is mine ... the decals are from his propietary, BH. This one was a BH Topline with a STX group. Fork has grisley decals . This is the same as the Grisley Mega 30. I´m waiting for a Marzocchi XC700. I bought it but has some problems in one leg.

I like how it rides, it is a funn bicycle. I like it :D

file.php

You can see the decal of the fork here ... the bear of grisley.

11io278.jpg

Thats how i remember them, polished, im sure a friend had a polished one.

Fat polished tubes, you cant go wrong :cool: what are the welds like on them? have you got a close up.

Here is my 93 Peugeot Grisley Team Line. Grisley built this one for Peugeot. It was sold in Germany to a US Army soldier who brought it home to the US.

It's complete except for the Grisley buttons that are missing from the top of the seat stays where the brake cable guide attaches. If anyone happens to have a pair of these, I'm in the market.

Attachments

• Grisley Side Partial Build Web copy.jpg
    Grisley Side Partial Build Web copy.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 1,019
  • Grisley Front Partial Build Web copy.jpg
    Grisley Front Partial Build Web copy.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 1,019
  • Grisley-Button copy.jpg
    Grisley-Button copy.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,018
Back