Trimble spray job

it is not carbon, it is glass fibre! not? (carbon = black !!??)I sandpapered it with the hand,au paper has to sandpaper with water!! my product are specific for fibre!

kris le rouge":3si0bafl said:
it is not carbon, it is glass fibre! not? (carbon = black !!??)I sandpapered it with the hand,au paper has to sandpaper with water!! my basecoat are specific for fibre!

kris le rouge":1ngt1cxm said:
it is not carbon, it is glass fibre! not? (carbon = black !!??)I sandpapered it with the hand,au paper has to sandpaper with water!! my product are specific for fibre!

that would explain it then ;)

deffo fibreglass!woven roven to be precise. would explain why its slightly weighty,bit naughty though,im sure they were sold as carbon?

Im wondering whether you can tint carbon fibre with the matting - I know that you can get coloured carbon headset spacers - maybe this is the case? :?

carbon is black as you know,you can get coloured weave where one is black and the other is red/yellow/blue but this is purely for cosmetic use and wouldnt be used in construction of something to be painted.carbon fibre bonnets are 90% fibreglass with 1 cosmetic layer of carbon,fools everyone but they havent even tried to do that on the frame,if they had then it would be glass fibre on the inside with a visual layer on the outside.

unless someone took a mould from a real carbon trimble 15 years ago and knocked out a batch of fibreglass copies?? :shock:

Yes this is quite interesting - Ive emailed them to see what they say as they still promote that all their bikes have been constructed with "carbon fibre"

The roo bar incidentally (on both variants I have) seems to be constructed in a similarway - a creamy white colour as opposed to black carbon.

The other Trimble looks to be made of the same stuff too (can see through the seat-tube etc)

Wierd! marketing eh! :D

20 years ago , everythng made out of fiber glass was called carbon fiber . I used to have several tennis rackets which were sold as carbon fiber , but were clear as well .

same with my roadbike , sold as a carbon fiber , but underneath the paint it is clear , not black .

Back