Ribble Classic Steel 105 Road Bike.Likely 653.

skellyvet

Retro Newbie
Ribble Classic Steel 105 Road Bike.Modern gearing.Mavic Askium 700c.Likely 653.
Light use,all day comfort,but fast.Large-6ft ish rider.

Clasic Ribble steel road bike from the early 90's. Super comfortable for long rides, but no super heavyweight at 10kg means that it's fine to keep up with mates on lighter bikes. Had for 6 years of light, dry, summer use only. Can email plenty of pictures.

Lovely bike to ride, but no slouch, 4h55 100 mile Ride London a couple of times, and just done three days of long rides and big climbs in The Lakes, but I fancy a change so it's time for it to go.

Bought newly restored 6 years ago, just been serviced last month. There were no frame decals on it, but a bit of googling finds identical bikes made from 653 tubing, so this is likely. It certainly rides like pretty lightweight steel.

The bike is mostly original 105, but I've had the crankset and cassette replaced with a 34/50 and a 32/11 to give more modern gear ratios. I replaced the wheels 3 years ago with Mavic Askium Elite's which as still running super smooth and completely true. The seatpost has been replaced with a Thompson elite one, and the bar and stem with a more modern profile.The saddle is a super comfortable Selle Flite.
The brakes are really effective 105 calipers, the shifters are integrated into the brakes, like a modern set up, rather than down tube shifters. The tyres are Gatorskins, 23mm on the front and 25mm on the rear, which are excellent. There are spots of scuffs and scrapes that I've touched up just to protect them, but nothing serious. Pedals not included but I have the ones the bike came with that are metal and relatively similar vintage that i'll include.

Not crashed and well looked after. More photos on request. Sizing wise I'm 6ft 1 and it's perfect for me - measurements in the pics. Pedals not included. I can post but give me a few days to get it packed up.
Contact me if you want to inspect, we're down near Exeter at the end of the M5.

On ebay at the moment with a starting price of 250. Will post. Offers accepted. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143341077700

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back