1992 Kona Explosif - gold timewarp

Re: Re:

jez-4-bikes-max":k3xjjq6s said:
al-onestare":k3xjjq6s said:
Seat clamp isn't original so take off £400 and you're nearer a more realistic price ;-)

How is it not original? It's the same as the 1992 cindercone and 92 Lavadome I also have?

They never used a QR clamp.

al-onestare":x16t86h6 said:
jez-4-bikes-max":x16t86h6 said:
al-onestare":x16t86h6 said:
Seat clamp isn't original so take off £400 and you're nearer a more realistic price ;-)

How is it not original? It's the same as the 1992 cindercone and 92 Lavadome I also have?

They did. All my 1992 konas have the same black QR.seatpost clamp.

jez-4-bikes-max":wdoj25ee said:
al-onestare":wdoj25ee said:
al-onestare":wdoj25ee said:

They did. All my 1992 konas have the same black QR.seatpost clamp.

Yep, i think '92 was the last year they used QR seat clamps. Before '92 they used the silver shimano type ones and i have seen them on a few '92 bikes too but most seem to use the all black one, not sure if it has something to do with the different 'black' option they offered?

Anyway, beautiful bike and would love to ride one to compare to the '93 Kilauea.

Another free bump :cool:

Re:

If only there was some way to look at vintage catalogues, some resource, some website that held all them so we could see how factory fresh this bike is...

..oh wait, there is:

92Page7.jpg

Lots and lots of QRs

Yeh catalogues show the Shimano style Qrs and not the black alloy things my 92 lavadome, 92 cindercone and 92 explosif have.

Maybe a UK spec thing difference perhaps.

Back