An early heads up for the Real Ale Wobble Nov 15/16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be 34:16, but not from choice (it was a magic ratio and I'm not a great fan of tensioners), would rather be running 32:16 or higher.

As before, I'm going with 32:16 but would probably select 32:18 out of choice.

I'm guessing that we will try to ride together at the start and then split if we decide to do different length rides. Even in that there will be plenty of opportunities to regroup if we do progress at varying speed.

As it looks like ill be bringing my bike still in bits and finishing sorting it on friday night (could be fun) Just thought i would see if anyone needs any spares bringing or can think of things worth carrying or at least having in the car. Ill have some spare tyres in my boot in case anyone gets desperate (grannygrinder gets first dibs on these) and will also probably have most of the tools required for last minute work in the car.

If you have a tool to give a 2003 XT crank a tighen that would be good? :D Im hoping thats the creak anyway :shock:

Not long now!! :D

Still not organised, But the two bikes are nearly ready .

Trying to decide to wear either my shagged poohbahs or my nice shiny new modern boots that I brought for the Wobble but now having doubts if I want to shag them on there first ride!! ha.ha :LOL:

If people would like to call me Jon they're more than welcome, that being my name & all... :)

Bike's all nice and ready, I was contemplating being a mad-single-speedy-rigid-forked-crazy-person, but I've been feeling pretty $hitty all week so I need all the help I can get! So 27 gears, full suspension & (hopefully) working brakes it is. Still retro underneath it all though - honest.

Not decided what time I'm getting there, but I'll aim for Ed's recommended pub... I'll probably be under a table by the time he gets there, so keep an eye out for me!

Mark, take a camera - I'm leaving mine behind.

I'm happy to report that ahead of the game this year as just returned from the shed and "in the dark with a headtorch" tinkering - adjusted saddle height, changed bars, set up rear brake, fitted bottle cage, removed barends (note: I set up the bike and test rode last Sunday and all was good. But prone to more tinkering than Claudio Ranieri. Good news is that I cannot change the cassette as there isn't one).

This presence of mind should mean I can try it all out before work tomorrow.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-check me out!

I can bring me tat along if anyone is interested?

Hope c2 brakes
loads of riser bars
stems
xt v brake lever
Kore stem

more im sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back