1995 Gazelle Titanium Pro ATB

Re: Re:

mojo ti":3u9j320s said:
He look’s like Raleigh MT, same manufacturer ?
You're correct; apparently, she's the same as the Raleigh MT2000.

Stripped the frame today, apart from the cheapish BB that I for the love of G couldn't get out :? . So no use in weighing. It is supposed to be ~1800 gram in this size.

Been thinking about the build for a bit: planning to put M3's on it. Still awaiting the correct steerer/crown assembly though, as I only had them in 1 1/4" flavor and I need 1 1/8".. Got some of those alternative elastomers in there that I sourced via this site: I'm curious to experience the ride eventually.

p5pb17457421.jpg

Other parts that I'll fit onto the frame include the following:

p5pb17457424.jpg

p5pb17457425.jpg

This will be my first ever build with Grip Shift (Shite?), as I'm planning to run Magura's (HS33 Quicksilver) on this bike, but maybe I'll shift to pods instead; let's see.

Wheels I'm not sure of yet: either the ones that came with it originally: black LX hubs on Mavic 217 SUP, or silver XT on 117 SUP (and there's also the set of Onza Porcupine re-issues that I have not ever ridden..). Stem is also undecided as for now: the silver in the pic, or a black Cattlehead, or ..?
Dug up a turquoise Hyperlite as well!

p5pb17457426.jpg

:cool:

To be continued!

Double-E F":209lqvzw said:
mojo ti":209lqvzw said:
This will be my first ever build with Grip Shift (Shite?)
no, best ever. Work good, look neat.
I only use thumbies or GS. Pods are crap with all that indexed front mech faff

pigman":3vljg460 said:
Double-E F":3vljg460 said:
mojo ti":3vljg460 said:
This will be my first ever build with Grip Shift (Shite?)
no, best ever. Work good, look neat.
I only use thumbies or GS. Pods are crap with all that indexed front mech faff

yes I think like you is Great Shit !! :?

Nice build with your select parts

Re:

Gazelle is a British brand like Raleigh ?
Raleigh is UK, US ?
UK is special division and made for other brands ?

mojo ti":1dv0hf55 said:
Gazelle is a British brand like Raleigh ?
Raleigh is UK, US ?
UK is special division and made for other brands ?

Gazelle is a Dutch bike brand that has been around for quite a while and is (also) famous for its race bikes, like the Champion Mondial.

Re:

Update - Received the correct size Manitou steerer/crown assembly yesterday, so today I put in the black sotto voce CK headset (so easy when you have the right tools..!) and hung some of the parts on the frame, just to get a first impression.
This is with the Mavic 117 SUPs laced to XT m738/9 hubs and re-issue Porcs..

p5pb17493630.jpg

And with Mavic 217 SUPs laced to LX m563 hubs and grey-ish Maxxis Pegasus's..:

p5pb17493634.jpg

I'm actually really enjoying myself (even more than I'd expected) with this build :D !

It'll be a while before the next steps however, as I'm waiting for a stem that is coming from the other side of the globe..
Patience is not my strongest point unfortunately :evil: :LOL:

So, to be continued: stay tuned!

Re:

As I got tired of refreshing the La Poste Tracking webpage to see if there are any status updates with regard to the Ringle Zooka I'm expecting, I decided to fiddle around a bit with the Manitou M3's I'm planning to install on this build.

Actually, I have two M3's that are in similar aesthetical condition; for the internals, I chose to go with 'modern' elastomers.

Assuming that the other set I was not planning to use contained the perished remains of the original elastomers, I opened up the legs and dug into the black-ish weird smelling goo within, only to find out that his was grease covering a set of yellow springs!
So now I'm back to the question what I will be riding with M3-wise.. I guess I'll just try both on an off-road trip once I get the bike together and then decide what feels best (or least bad ;)..)!

p5pb17527330.jpg

Back to the La Poste webpage :D

Back