One mans trash is another mans treasure......

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well kinda......at this years mountain mayhem a buddy from Sherwood pines race team came to find me to donate some retro bike stuff that's in the way in his workshop......I honestly expected something a bit shit but cool....but free is always good and I appear to have spent loads this last year or so, so...... off I went and followed him to their camp.

Well, what can I say, adrian pulled this out and said if you can do owt with it, it's yours!!!!!!

So yup, karma'd a 20.5" Raleigh torus titanium frame, chuffed? Do bears shit in the woods? Haha, well chuffed and happy.

Plans are to clean the ti up using scotch brite and get some cheap silver Raleigh decals. Then, rebuild some pace rc35 forks, xt groupset, smoke and dart, magic rims and a few use and x lite parts. Pete even karma'd me some ti sakae bars which although narrow, suite the build well.

This will be a slow build, I have everything but lots on at home etc so bit rushing it. I'd like to have this as my race bike at next years mayhem and lose some flab to do it justice haha

Looking forward to seeing this buid Chris. Great frames.....fast, so perfect as a race bike.

Back