Clearout Shimano 600 tri col,

Malky 1422

Dirt Disciple
Taken from an hardly used Mercian that was stored for years the following,
SHIMANO 600 TRI COLOUR
Rear Hub inc Cassette 7 sp, 13,15,17,19,21,24,28 like new negligible wear £35 inc post

7 speed down tube shifters £12 inc post
The above is all that is left now,

Message with email address for pics struggle to get them to upload but will try on here.
see if link works for pics click bike parts,

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/malky14 ... ke%20parts

I will sell for £35 without pedals but b/b bearings are part of the chainset . Also if you use a different make of bearing it is possible that these cranks could sit further onto the square taper affecting chainring clearance
on the frame, Had this years ago Campag would not fit well on Shimano and vice versa, I am also inc post in my price.

Malky 1422":5k1erijx said:
I will sell for £35 without pedals but b/b bearings are part of the chainset . Also if you use a different make of bearing it is possible that these cranks could sit further onto the square taper affecting chainring clearance
on the frame, Had this years ago Campag would not fit well on Shimano and vice versa, I am also inc post in my price.

Well, thanks for words of advice, because after 30 years of cycling I was totally unaware of the importance of axle length and the difference between JIS and ISO tapers. :roll:

I will think about it and let you know.

Youre welcome some dont realise that it can be a problem, I find with stronglight cranks with shimano bearings I can fit a triple on a 107.

Bultaco370":12oxb9yz said:
Malky 1422":12oxb9yz said:

Well, thanks for words of advice, because after 30 years of cycling I was totally unaware of the importance of axle length and the difference between JIS and ISO tapers. :roll:

I will think about it and let you know.

Now, now, play nice.

How is the seller to know what experience or lack of, you may have? Just trying to be helpful.

Mike

Re:

You always get them Mike. How long they have been cycling for has little to do with it anyway its weather you are Engineer or mechanically minded, I am an Aircraft fitter now retired and I dont expect everyone to have the knowledge I have, He wont be getting this anyway as I wont sell it to him I am not hard up, so he can think about it all he likes he isnt doing me any favours :D

Whatever... clearly a retired aircraft fitter must by definition have a vastly superior knowledge of the bottom bracket in a bike, because no-one else could possibly understand such a complex assembly. Perhaps if your initial reply hadn't been so patronising I might have responded differently. GLWS.

Latest posts

Back