A feature and photographs I made on Titanium

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
As usual, this is the part of the day that I get the chance to have a carrier bag of internet here in hospitalisation, then upload some photos here, then apologise if they're not that relevant or of interest.

Anyone that knows me knows I tend to lean toward titanium bicycles, so it seems apt
I put a feature I wrote and photographed on Titanium for a UK cycling magazine on my website, link here if you fancy a read of the wonder material:

http://www.augustusfarmer.com/titanium/

Some pics here anyway, more in the feature.

Thanks for looking.

G

Attachments

• newM11LO.jpg
    newM11LO.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 667
  • MM44Lo.jpg
    MM44Lo.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 667
  • E10Lo.jpg
    E10Lo.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 667
  • E11Lo.jpg
    E11Lo.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 667
  • E14Lo.jpg
    E14Lo.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 667
  • E22Lo.jpg
    E22Lo.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 667
  • E46Lo.jpg
    E46Lo.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 667
Re:

a few more...

Attachments

• E33Lo.jpg
    E33Lo.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 665
  • E65Lo.jpg
    E65Lo.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 665
  • E50Lo.jpg
    E50Lo.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 665
  • MM1.jpg
    MM1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 665
  • MM9.jpg
    MM9.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 665
  • MM10.jpg
    MM10.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 665
  • MM26.jpg
    MM26.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 665
Im sure i read somewhere that during its processing, Titanium is in a gas form, super heated or pressurized or something im not sure, but it's a nice though to have riding around on one.

Your photos are always of interest, hope you are getting chance to watch the TDF from your hospital bed.

that was a great read,thank you

i have wanted/lusted after a ti bike since the early 90's but could never afford one (kona hei hei,marin team titanium,gt xizang etc).

finally last year i realized my dream and am now the proud owner of a kinesis sync ti mtb ht (27.5" 1 x 11 slx groupset,renthal fatbar lite bars and strata duo stem,ritchey wcs trail seatpost, with hope enduro wheels and a rockshox yari rc fork). i loves it i have to say and will never sell it.

apologies that it is a modern bike but in my defence my charge duster is def on the retro side (admittedly it is a 2010 model) but it does have 26" wheels, a narrow flat bar and bar ends but cough disc brakes 2x 10 sram groupset and a rockshox tora front suspension.

was def worth the 28 year wait to finally get a ti bike

Great article but between it and the bike I saw yesterday it hasn't done my lust for an Enigma any good at all.....

Although selling a part on here to one of the Enigma guys started it all....

Back