boy"O"boy's 1992 Marin Pine Mountain / Browning suspension

Re:

I think I used a plasticoat paint brought from "The range" to paint the forks on my orange (link to the build thread in my signature) & it's a much lighter orange that the bike :facepalm: might be the colour your looking for

Re:

It does look good, why not change the decals ? Could be the only Eldridge grade FS ever...... Even rarer

Re:

brocklanders023":j2p0wll4 said:
I think it looks fine as it is Ben. The Eldridge was basically red so think you are closer to the Pine. Certainly looks similar to the orange on my old 1990 PM.

Cheers Ed. I've already blown over some filler primer on the front end as I couldn't live with those chips I'd put into it! :facepalm: The more I look at it, the more I see Eldridge 'red' .... & the more my OCD wants to colour match the decals.
I'd ordered these in Neon orange so i'd be keen not to reorder these. I was pleased with the orange until I added the decals! :facepalm: :facepalm:

MR OX":j2p0wll4 said:
I think I used a plasticoat paint brought from "The range" to paint the forks on my orange (link to the build thread in my signature) & it's a much lighter orange that the bike :facepalm: might be the colour your looking for

Cheers MR OX - I think this could be my option. It looks more like what I'm trying to achieve. Straight to the nearest stockist methinks!
Nice Clockwork BTW!! :cool: :cool:

retrobikeguy":j2p0wll4 said:
It does look good, why not change the decals ? Could be the only Eldridge grade FS ever...... Even rarer

Cheers RBG. I like your thinking! :LOL: :LOL: ...normally I like adding a 'twist' on the original but I think I'll stick 'Pine Mountain' on this one! - Maybe on the next? ;) :LOL:

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":39q257b8 said:
Cheers MR OX - I think this could be my option. It looks more like what I'm trying to achieve. Straight to the nearest stockist methinks!
Nice Clockwork BTW!! :cool: :cool:
Thanks I'm currently on it's second build as we speak!

MR OX":2b15pfh9 said:

So after trying every Neon Orange paint that was available :facepalm: ..... I finally settled on MR OX's suggestion. It's definitely lighter than the previous version (before I chipped it!)
but still seems quite orange (red?)
I think my problem lies with the fact the white primered bars had 2 coats of orange then several coats of lacquer. The frame has had more coats of orange which has made the colour a deeper hue. This was also white primered though. The lighter orange decals highlight this too.

The lighting for my iphone pics makes a difference too...
pic 1 - indoor halogen spots
pic 2/3/4 - non direct sunlight
pic 5 - direct sunlight.

Either way... the build begins!
Rear wheel has had it's spokes tightened and trued. Most parts are ready to go (Thanks to raidan73 and retrobikeguy :cool: )

Completed pics to follow on soon. In the meantime, here's those comparison pics. Forks and stem balanced in place to give a better idea.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• PM paint direct sun.jpg
    PM paint direct sun.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,164
  • PM paint non direct sun 3.jpg
    PM paint non direct sun 3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,162
  • PM paint non direct sun 2.jpg
    PM paint non direct sun 2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,161
  • PM paint non direct sun 1.jpg
    PM paint non direct sun 1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,163
  • PM paint Inside light.jpg
    PM paint Inside light.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,165
Re: PM, avec Browning...

Looking very, very well chief. you don't half go to the full distance, to get it as close as possible!

I threw another two cans of pipe freeze spray, at the seat post of was David's now mine and with a medium persuader :facepalm:, had a moment of instant elation, when there was some movement. Unfortunately, it was very short lived when the head of the seatpost dropped off :roll: .

Still it gives me a clear path to what needs done to get it out and I'm near through with a hacksaw blade.

Progress has been stupidly slow on mine, due to lambing, shearing and haymaking. Plus coming off an old Kona and doing my scaphoid again, combined with a number on the tendons into the humorous :oops:. Always was a Marin type!

Looking forward to seeing it all buttoned up and maybe, if I shake a leg with my build, your Pine. Lee's Test Unit and mine/was Mr Ox's, could all be reunited at the proposed York meet?

Best regards,

Mike

MR OX":anwpmlym said:
Very nice looking forward to the finished article :cool:

Getting closer! :D - Here's a few pics of where I'm at Mid-build. Just repainting the brake levers at the moment and the shifters/grips/and brakes should be on in the next few days.
Just cabling up / chain and set-up to go then. Finish line is in sight! (then onto the Dynatech :D )

Trialsmeister":anwpmlym said:
Looking very, very well chief. you don't half go to the full distance, to get it as close as possible!

I threw another two cans of pipe freeze spray, at the seat post of was David's now mine and with a medium persuader :facepalm:, had a moment of instant elation, when there was some movement. Unfortunately, it was very short lived when the head of the seatpost dropped off :roll: .

Still it gives me a clear path to what needs done to get it out and I'm near through with a hacksaw blade.

Progress has been stupidly slow on mine, due to lambing, shearing and haymaking. Plus coming off an old Kona and doing my scaphoid again, combined with a number on the tendons into the humorous :oops:. Always was a Marin type!

Looking forward to seeing it all buttoned up and maybe, if I shake a leg with my build, your Pine. Lee's Test Unit and mine/was Mr Ox's, could all be reunited at the proposed York meet?

Best regards,

Mike

Cheers Mike - here's a few more pics of progress...looking forward to seeing some pics of yours. Sounds like you've been particularly busy though!

Like the idea of the York meet. Took the RC100 to the Iconoclassic at Warwick racecourse - that's where I saw the 'other' complete Pine Mountain with Browning Suspension. If it's as good as that event, it would be well worth the trip.

cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• PM MID_BUILD_4.jpg
    PM MID_BUILD_4.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 496
  • PM MID_BUILD_3.jpg
    PM MID_BUILD_3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 495
  • PM MID_BUILD_2.jpg
    PM MID_BUILD_2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 495