Carrera Asics Team(Volans), Columbus EL

Re: Re:

biggs682":2z8jsbcx said:
Just stumbled upon this thread . I have just picked up a Carrera of similar age and paintwork , although mine is oversized aluminium.

Full ultrega apart from brakes just waiting for a new bottom bracket to arrive and then the fun can begin.

I am a great fan of Italian Michele Bartoli, who ride such a bike within his 2nd L-B-L win - so I looking for any bike, which he rode during his professional career, on the other hand I am a fan also of Carrera bikes by Podium

... and your bike has the size and conditions - so if there any chance to buy his bike or exchange it eventually for .e.g. I can offer a Colnago C40 Mk2 instead. If you want to discuss further send a PM

BR Thomas

fritzlite":bk4qe0gm said:
ups... did it again

Where did you find this?! I live in Copenhagen, and find a few nice bikes, but nothing like this. At least, not for less than silly money.

Was it on DBA?

friend of a friend, led me on to this.... it was a ok price..
the guy had already decided to get rid of it..and didnt know, or care, about the bike..and the quality of the frame
full ultegra 6500, incl headset, ..except 7700 dura rear derailleur...
rigida rims, 105 hubs..(5500 front, older rear champagne 1055, but can hold a 9 cassette!)
newer flite, itm stem/bars...
nn seatpost

thinking ..total 7700... and an interesting wheelset,...of some sort..(got a black set of Tune hubs...32 holes..)
white, or blue... older Fite..

I am looking for so many years for such a Carrera Asics Version of 1997/98 to complete my Carrera Probike Replika collection

here Teambike frame set from 1989 to 1993 - I will build up as a 1993 Replica with Campagnolo 8 speed C-Record (up to 1990 they rode Shimano Dura Ace)

and here Teambike Replica from 1994

Attachments

• CARRERA EL Tassoni Team 1993_30pct.jpg
    CARRERA EL Tassoni Team 1993_30pct.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 696
  • Carrera 1994_40pct.jpg
    Carrera 1994_40pct.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 696
fritzlite":383s9boe said:
Another Carrera..this time for my brother
Promised him a bike, as he has given me a lot of good deal, and free mobile phones, over the years
Had a lot of parts lying around, sti`s, crankset, seatpost, wheelset, bar..etc
Thinks its a Carrera made on license, but someone would know?..any info

and thanks to Cipollini for the frame/forks..at a very good price

This Carrera is the house bike brand of Halfords, a big chain selling car parts and bikes in the UK.

Re:

ok..thanks.. figured that it wasnt a high end Carrera made by Podium..
but its a nice riding frame anyways..

Re:

framekit...

Attachments

• ResizerImage832X554.jpg
    ResizerImage832X554.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 456
  • ResizerImage930X620.jpg
    ResizerImage930X620.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 456
  • ResizerImage734X489.jpg
    ResizerImage734X489.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 455
sorry that's the frame set I looking for years - that's the frame of Michele Bartoli repeat of Liege-Bastogne-Liege sucssess
in 1998 ... but sorry for this size I need a Torture stretching bank from the Middle Ages

Back