1997 Klein Pulse Pro Custom

Forks are done now. The paint should now be hard enough for polishing, so fingers crossed I should be able to get most of it built by the weekend.

P281008_2018.jpg

^^^^^ That#s really nice mate. The paint was too far gone on mine to keep it that way sadly.

Here's its latest state. Apologies for the really poor quality picture. Camera phone and low light conditions don't mix.

I'm part way through a garage conversion (as you can see), so the bike is being done when I get a spare minute!

P121108_172501.jpg

its always nice to see them with wheels in as the proportions suddenly mean something. keep us updated

(by the way, are they porsche split rims in the pic further up?)

mk1Matt":3e6mxsjn said:
^^^^^ That#s really nice mate. The paint was too far gone on mine to keep it that way sadly.

Here's its latest state. Apologies for the really poor quality picture. Camera phone and low light conditions don't mix.

I'm part way through a garage conversion (as you can see), so the bike is being done when I get a spare minute!

P121108_172501.jpg

looking good, cant wait to see the finished results!

Cheers guys. It's always nice to get positive feedback.

Still got a lot to do though. I need to polish the cranks and seatpost, finish trueing the rear wheel, fabricate my cables (got some yellow heat shrink tubing for the brake and gear cables, and then put it all together. I also think the paint needs a bit more flatting & polishing before I put the decals on.

Lewis - yeah they're Porsche Boxster "sport design" splits. Similar to the GT3 ones. They're awaiting a refurb and some stretched tyres so I can fit them on my Golf!

More progress. Got the steerer cut, front brake mounted, seatpost fitted. Not happy with the look of the white industries cranks (despite spending a while polishing them), so I'm going to go with my 2 piece AC's after they've had a tidy up.

Thoughts on the build so far?

100_0639.jpg

100_0640.jpg

100_0641.jpg

Back