1969 Claud Butler Electron Super five. #56748

Hey Non-Fixie,
I finally got around to flipping the seat clamp, it’s given him about 15mm I guess, but every little helps (until his next growth spurt!)

Attachments

• Claud Butler Electron Super five 1969 h.jpeg
    Claud Butler Electron Super five 1969 h.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 1,502
Iwasgoodonce":1mum4m5c said:
Lucky lad! Such a cool bike.
Cheers, we think so. although a cycling friend of mine (who only rides plastic) went to lift it off of its wall hanger the other day and thought it was stuck it's that heavy! :facepalm:
Ah, well, its building up his legs.... ;)

You know the old saying…. “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure” :?

I’ve been on the look out for a descent pair of Bluemells stubies for a couple of years, either in red or yellow to finish off the Electron before it adorns Jimmy’s bedroom wall, but they seem to have all gone they way of cheep plastic from the 60’s,70’s,80’s…….and I’d almost given up. :(

Until in the most unlikely places I found a pair… at Mountain Mayhem 2019 (yes the bumpy stuff) I met ‘Gruff’ a top bloke and on the same team as me, who nearing the end of the weekend hauled a Karma box out of his car, and there amongst a bunch of unwanted stuff were these beauties, I could not believe my luck… look how well they came out!!!!!! :cool:

Attachments

• Bluemells plus a little TLC.jpeg
    Bluemells plus a little TLC.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,283
  • karma Bluemells .jpeg
    karma Bluemells .jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 1,283
kingbling":2wgcvjhn said:
Result :!: surprised you've not fitted them yet :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I will keep an eye out for some red ones at Rebike ;)

Lol! I was supposed to be unpacking the last bits & bats from the car when I found these and got distracted (at 10pm last night) :D

If I’d started fitting them I might have been in trouble :|

Ps, yes, red ones would be cool, plus anything Claud related of course! :D

Back