Show us what you did today, thread

It certainly was a great days riding :)
We both managed the rough sections fine and even where there were the long stretches of large loose rocks, we just adjusted our speed accordingly. The steep climb up the high track on the way back was certainly worth it, the views were superb.
The fact we went right up to Glenmore lodge area for lunch before deciding to head to Loch Einich meant while we had a good feed in us, we didn't get back to the car to nearly seven PM. Well worth it though.
Like Brians Dawes, the Trucker was its usual well behaved self. It was really nice to ride on the gravel and handled the large rocks easily, mainly though be picking a line through them but that itself showed how well it handled. It was comfortable as I noticed that on the rolling tracks when we had just started heading back, that were loose gravel and some large embedded rocks, we were sitting on a steady 30klm while sitting. A testament to the nice handling characteristics as well as the Brooks saddle. The Trucker though is great for this stuff as it's steel frame, long wheelbase, 26'' wheels with 2 inch Marathons, giving a bit of plushness when running medium pressures, make it quite stable with the dirt drops making it very easy to pinpoint where you want to go.
All good fun, better suited weapons? of course but it was fun and made for a good workout. :)
Zigzag, we stopped and remembered the fallen ;) You are lucky you don't crash there now as there is a huge gorse bush you would be right in the middle of :)

Jamie

IMG_1171 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1186 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1189 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1203 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1215 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1230 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1247 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1251 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1255 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1258 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1266 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1276 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1279 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1284 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1287 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1292 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1296 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1312 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_1326 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Well done gents. Fabulous pics as always. Very jealous. All I managed this weekend was an hour this evening to work off this afternoons trip to the local carvery.
Actually, who am I kidding? No way an hours riding worked off what I managed to eat :LOL:

I think it takes all of us a lot longer than an hour to negate the carvery :)
My lunch during this ride consisted of Pancakes and bacon smothered in maple syrup washed down with a large latte. Though to be fair I think I did work that off.

Jamie

Re: Re:

jimo746":10b8nit4 said:
Nice Stiffee Dyna :shock: :eek:

I'm really liking mine, yours looks a bit bigger though...

Cheers :D

It's the XL. Im always looking for something big but when good frames are plentiful, im skint and vice versa. Although this might be too aggressive for me now i see it built.

Time for another :LOL:

Quite a time you had racing there :D always a fall before a big crowd. If it was a section with no spectators, you'd have cleared them all :LOL:
During a yacht race i left off a jammer on the spinnaker halyard(A one way clamp type thing) up it goes, then down rapidly and into the sea, just as we passed one of the tourist boats out spectating :facepalm:

jimo746":3e0wg6q5 said:
...Brian, I know you don't like to discuss such things, but how many gears on your hub-geared bike?

Five, when I remember which way the wiggly lever on the handlebar goes. :)

Jamiedyer":2gybkxt8 said:

Don’t know what you mean. All I had was .....

Turkey, gammon, silverside, Yorkshire pudding, two pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, boiled potato (just the one, didn’t want to make a pig of myself), cauliflower cheese, peas, carrots, gravy, a rocky road ice cream sundae and a diet Coke.

clubby":m1m7o155 said:
Jamiedyer":m1m7o155 said:

Don’t know what you mean. All I had was .....

Turkey, gammon, silverside, Yorkshire pudding, two pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, boiled potato (just the one, didn’t want to make a pig of myself), cauliflower cheese, peas, carrots, gravy, a rocky road ice cream sundae and a diet Coke.

And what did you have for the main course?

:LOL:

epicyclo":zjse6zyt said:
jimo746":zjse6zyt said:
...Brian, I know you don't like to discuss such things, but how many gears on your hub-geared bike?

Five, when I remember which way the wiggly lever on the handlebar goes. :)

That's the hub I've been having ideas about for a while... how well does it work for this kind of stuff? Is there any harshness or noticeable drag in any of the gears?

I think I'd go for one with a drum brake included, though maybe that makes it a bit heavy? The thoughts haven't been serious enough to check things like weight...

Back