Radical Carbon Kevlar Prototype- Full resto

Re:

Frame: Radical Carbon Kevlar Cruciform (Prototype)

Fork: Radical custom Alloy/Carbon reverse rake-Possibly a Rond Crown?

Headset: Tange G master roller bearing
Stem: 3ttt
Handlebar: Radical Carbon/Kevlar
Grips: Purple!

Brakes: Sachs VT 5000 Hub brakes
Brake Pads: Sachs
Brake Cables: Clarks
Brake Levers: Sachs Rival 7000

Shifters: Sachs thumbies
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo w/ custom swing extender
Rear Derailleur: Sachs Neos
Derailleur Cables: Clarks
Freewheel: Sachs 6 spd
Chain: KMC
Cranks: Sachs Neos
Crank Bolts: Thun
Chainrings: Sachs Neos
Chainring bolts: Sachs
Bottom Bracket: Thun/SKF 118mm
Pedals: Wellgo Alloy

Hub Skewers: Nuts
Rims: Alesa Alloy
Hubs: Sachs VT 5000
Nipples: yes
Spokes: Weinman Severely double butted!
Tyres: IRC Mythos XC rear/ WTB Velociraptor front
Tubes: generic

Saddle: Iscaselle Giro D'Italia
Seatpost: Atax steel/thermoplastic 24mm
Seatpost Binder: Brick Lane Bikes Alloy

Weight: 30lb

Re:

Wow, certainly unusual. Great use of Sachs components..still not sure about the front fork :shock: but kind of works with your paint scheme. One thing is for sure you will never bump into someone riding the same bike as you :LOL:

Retro Spud":p2rf160z said:
As much as I was tempted when this was first outted I must confess to being one of the many who saw it as no more than some garden shed student project

So glad you saved it !

Same as Retro Spud, I hadn't recognised the similarities to the Radical in Richards' Bicycle book. I should have done, as along with the Kirk Precision I think it spawned several 'influenced' A level design projects around 1991! - Myself included :oops: :oops:

Great job and attention to detail on the resto. The forks are certainly 'Marmite' but integral to the originality. Is there any benefit to having them that way round i.e operation/set-up of the front brake? The routing through the crown is a nice touch.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

boy"O"boy":kfabaax5 said:
Retro Spud":kfabaax5 said:
Great job and attention to detail on the resto. The forks are certainly 'Marmite' but integral to the originality. Is there any benefit to having them that way round i.e operation/set-up of the front brake? The routing through the crown is a nice touch.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Thanks! I'm not sure what was going through Peters mind when he opted to reverse the rake but it was clearly well thought out as the axle sits just in front of the handlebars from the riders perspective (as it should)
The steering is pretty sharp but that's more to do with the stem length I guess?

Re:

Wow, well done on that!
It was, possibly, the ugliest and strangest bike ever made, but now it’s, er, well it’s still the ugliest and strangest bike ever made but it’s beautifully restored and looks as ugly and strange as the inventor intended. The choice of the complimentary Sachs group was inspired.

Top work!

Re:

Great job!

Hats off to you for the time and effort needed for such a painstaking resto.

Well done buddy... :D

Re:

Had this not been entered into botm I would never have seen it, so thank you.

Its aweful but cool all at the same time. The work you have done, the finish and spec choices are brilliant.

How does it ride...?

Back