An early heads up for the Real Ale Wobble Nov 15/16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man... I can't believe all you lot are going to the wobble and we can't make it :cry:
Mrs Backdated and I used to ride this every year since it started but have'nt been since '02. I won the "rubbish underpants" competition one year, and I remember Lee was always king of the stair surfing[into the pool of p*ss at the bottom!].
And don't forget Sid Frisby and Gwendolin and "American Pie" [check the Neuadd floor bounce btw]

So, get yourselves a pint of Old Tom from the guy with the leather apron and toast the past ;)

How could it not look good .... If the weather is hidious there is always the pub!! :LOL: :LOL:

OK I've PM'd you all my phone number, don't think I missed anyone.

I will be coming down Friday night, aiming to get there around 10pm. No doubt I shall have a beer or two upon my arrival at one of the fine establishments of the town. I shall try and wear my brown Retrobike T-shirt while indoors if you are trying to spot me. I am the tall bald one (see photo earlier in this thread - I have a rather fetching blue hairnet on and seem to be standing in a very camp fashion for some reason... :? I might be sat beside a scrote with a shaggy beard. He's my mate Geoff. Looks like an archeologist. He is an archeologist.

I haven't prepaid so will have to pay on Sat a.m. and join the queue for registration. Perhaps see some of you there as phones will be working outdoors (unlike in the pubs) and we can meet up.

Otherwise, see you all on the trail! If you get a signal out on the trail try ringing! I'll be on the bike below all being well. It now has some fetching green Groovy Luv Handles (handlebars) on it.

I'll be hoping to park by the playing fields. My car is a black Saab 9000 reg P707ERX.

Over and out! (Unless I think of something else!)

Attachments

• SP_A0308 (Medium).jpg
    SP_A0308 (Medium).jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 928
  • SP_A0303 (Medium) (1).jpg
    SP_A0303 (Medium) (1).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 928
Yup, got your PM Ed - I've still got to get round to sending similar ones myself, but I will do it tomorrow!

One thing that occured to me today is food during the ride - is there anything available to buy or is it just a case of carrying your lunch?

believe it or not there has been a chip van in years gone by mid route - wouldn't count on it though! Take lunch with you I'd say. Plus some cash in case chippie is there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back