Malverns classic 2019, who's coming

Its such a shame given the effort that goes into planning not to mention the money invested - that Si won't get back

however you only need to look at history to see that this isn't an unprecedented situation for Eastnor /Ledbury Deer park - and the primary reason why Mayhem isn't still hosted there

Gatcombe Park was better suited to the rain as its located on a hill (not in a valley) and the soil was stoney and drained well - god only knows what the new venue in Northampton will be like, however with the amount of rain we've had in the past 10 days no where is going to immune, lets hope the next week sees a let up in the rain

Even though wasn’t planning to come, must be gutting for all those who’ve invested time and effort in the event. A sensible decision in my mind, thinks back to the carnage that was Mayhem 2012. I’m still finding bits of mud from it seven years on.

Gutted for everyone involved. I’ve been unwell and asleep all day, first email I opened was the cancellation with a link to the Facebook video. I wonder if the event has insurance cover for this type of thing?

Anyone wanting a refund loses their booking fee or can keep the tickets booked for next year.

Feel sorry for Si Paton the most. And my mate Tim at Bike-Ninja.co.uk who’s been flat out making mugs and t-shirts to sell this weekend. I would imagine he’s desperately trying to get a stall at Mayhem instead now. Best of luck to him and other vendors in the same boat.

Yeah will it ever stop? - I live 12 miles away just over the border in Gloucestershire and even our lawn squelches now when you walk on it, Simon definitely made the right decision to cancel it

Re:

I’m not far the other way...

13.5 miles northwest to be precise!

Towards Bromyard if you’ve ever heard of the cultural capital of north Herefordshire?

Re: Re:

WWC":1sjb2ooz said:

Towards Bromyard if you’ve ever heard of the cultural capital of north Herefordshire?

I know Bromyard quite well - when I was a field technician I used to visit a few customers out your way -Micron Sprayers and the town council to name a few

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":1zg00ut5 said:
WWC":1zg00ut5 said:

I know Bromyard quite well - when I was a field technician I used to visit a few customers out your way -Micron Sprayers and the town council to name a few

Ahhh...

Well if you know the area a touch we’re actually just before Bromyard very near the Wye Valley brewery.

Love a HPA!

Was gutted by the cancellation.

Had kept the weekend free as I always seem to be double booked.

Thought I might actually see some real life retro bike crew!

Back