Newage wheels Q

DAVE O

Devout Dirtbag
Hi

Been offered some wheels for my new Gt build - Hope hubs with Sunn rims - 9 speed Xt cassette and avid rotors. Come with some slick road tyres n tubes. (can't remember make)
Seller has been using the wheels on the road for 6 mths and the cassette is new.
I've never heard of Sunn rims before - Any good?
He's after £120 for the package...

Thanks
Dave O.

i'm a big lad and i have been downhill and xc on sunn rims for about 4 years now and they are still true. not the lightest in the world but very strong.

i have made myself out to be far more extreme than i am there. never done real dh but had a kona stinky which took quite a bit of abuse

Sun Rims? If you mean Sun they're plenty strong, especially if a Rhino Lite....if however you have a Phat Albert I'd bin it as they're as weak as poo.

Now if you mean Sunn as in the French mountain bike manufacturer I can't pass any judgement there as didn't know that they made rims too.

Thanks for the replies...

I'd never heard of them - I'll do a bit more digging to see if they have a model No etc..

Sounds like they may be more Dh type rims

thanks
Dave O.

Are you deffo after disc wheels?

i have a nice set of hope/717's if you're not ;)

Chris.

Chris,

thanks for the offer but I'm after disc wheels - It's a new build with the latest xt etc...
Wheels sounded like a good deal - will do some more digging and go have a look at them.

Ta
Dave

Back