Do you only ride retro?

Do you own a modern bike?

• No way! Modern stuff is wierd, retro only here!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Of course, retro stuff is what garages are made for!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I rode my orange aluminium 0 for over ten years and then I bought a RC100, which I rode for 2 years; but then I discovered the 7 Stanes and after one year of riding that on the RC100, I bought a 5 spot; won’t be going back, sorry.

I still use the rc100, but it’s reserved for less demanding stuff.

New bikes are dull, heavy or horrifically expensive (or all of the above!). I don't read the mags anymore, so I still lust after the same stuff as I did 10 years ago!

My I-drive's the newest, & that's dull & heavy (certainly wasn't expensive though!) so I'll get rid when I get round to it.

up to 17 bikes at the moment :shock:
newest a 2004 kona stinky which gets used occasionally(downhill)
but very rarley peddaled up.
everything else is 2000 or older most mid nineties
not a concious descision just what comes up that takes my fancy
must have a cull soon ......or build another shed :D
mike

normally only on the 06 marin rock springs , only take the retro`s out for a spin now and again , to keep them happy

am i a bad retro fan ?? :LOL:

My newest is a 2000 (I think) muirwoods that I use for commuting to work on, other than that, retro rides.

not really taken with the modern stuff on offer at the moment although I would go for a modern trimble if I could afford one.

Come on guys!!

New school stuff is SOOOOOOO much better than old school if you really want to ride hard reliably :D

I ride old school for fun occasionally, have no garage queens, but you need a selection of new bikes for those riding days :D

Really, if you have not tried, get on a new half decent bike with good forks/discs etc. You WILL be converted!!
And thats before you realise what FS can do.. :D

gump":98q9ezmj said:
Come on guys!!

New school stuff is SOOOOOOO much better than old school if you really want to ride hard reliably :D

I ride old school for fun occasionally, have no garage queens, but you need a selection of new bikes for those riding days :D

Really, if you have not tried, get on a new half decent bike with good forks/discs etc. You WILL be converted!!
And thats before you realise what FS can do.. :D

holy cr@p, either gumps taking the pi$$ or we're exactly the same ;) :LOL:
I kinda concur with previous remarks, generally older retro bikes are considerably nicer to look at (hence my love of retro), although I'd generally prefer to ride new skool.

Have to agree, my new bikes are just so much better than my older bikes its not even a fair comparison.

New (and recently new) XTR, disc brakes, tubeless tyres, lightweight 5-6" travel forks and frames etc make everyday rides so much more enjoyable.

The older bikes still have their place and bring a smile to my face (and others) when I'm out on them, but I feel I'd break them (or myself) if I was to ride half of what are now my normal trails.

I agree with you guys .One day when my sons signs for Chelsea I ll get a new bike . :LOL:

No Scant, we are the same!! Like two peas in a pod :shock:

Agree, retro stuff looks elegant and classic, a lot of it made in the times of form before function.

Back