Show us what you did today, thread

Re: Re:

clubby":2ata99jb said:
Great find!
Bet there’s a lot of jealous people that you snapped that up.

Ebay is a strange thing - so many times I've seen something completely unremarkable but which I quite fancy only to be massively outbid by multiple people... yet with this - something genuinely rare and unlikely I would ever find elsewhere again - there wasn't a single bid against me!

Re:

Thanks Dyna.
Time spent on that bike has given me a new appreciation for simple looking tracks. Spent years chasing winding singletrack and technical downhills all round this country and abroad, but this year I’ve just been enjoying riding round about home. Kind of reminded me of the reasons I started mtbing in the first place. Just going out for a ride for the sake of it and seeing where tracks lead.

Re: Re:

clubby":1fs695ts said:
...Kind of reminded me of the reasons I started mtbing in the first place. Just going out for a ride for the sake of it and seeing where tracks lead.
That's the nice thing about the new gravel bikes.

Suddenly there's no need to load your techno bouncy bike into a car to go find something worthy of being ridden. You simply go for a ride a la carte and take whatever skinny line through the grass and bushes looks interesting. Or as I put, let your front wheel decide where you go. :)

We're rediscovering the pleasures of simple riding that the Rough Stuff brigade and the early mtbers enjoyed.

Re:

Finally managed to actually get out and ride a bike for the first time this week... thought I'd go and have a look at the occupied rig that's been in the news since Monday:

occupied_rig_s.jpg

Aside from the police cars and vans littered around, it all looks much the same as it did last week - I obviously missed the helicopter transferring the police etc which happened this afternoon at some point. At least it was warm and sunny again, and if there was a bit of a breeze it was mostly a tailwind home :)

Re:

For any of yous girls who ride clipped pedals check them now and again, one of mines was playing up.
I also pick up my first puncture for months maybe even a year yesterday.

Attachments

• 20190615_201946.jpg
    20190615_201946.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 220
Back