yesterdays ride and the qe2!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
went and did 23 miles around the forest with my mate adam, at the moment he doesn't have a bike so i said he could use one of mine!

he had never ridden a bike with flat bars, canti brakes and rigid! :LOL: but then he is only a young lad!! :LOL:

off we went around the brockenhurst area of the new forest, pretty good ride , were dodging rain clouds all the way round and just got away with it, cool ride and quite quick aswel! :D

the qe2, was invited to a "grown up" party at hotspur house in hythe, opposite southampton in the solent by a friend, had a great view across the water and obviously it was dark so i apologise for the crappy photo!! but i thought it was important to mention it, the qe2 will not be seen in southampton or UK waters ever again.

here's the pics! :D

Attachments

• qe2 plus ride 004resize.jpg
    qe2 plus ride 004resize.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,095
  • qe2 plus ride 003resize.jpg
    qe2 plus ride 003resize.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,095
  • qe2 plus ride 002resize.jpg
    qe2 plus ride 002resize.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,095
  • qe2 plus ride 001resize.jpg
    qe2 plus ride 001resize.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,095
here's the bad qe2 pics! fireworks everywhere!

Attachments

• qe2 plus ride 025resize.jpg
    qe2 plus ride 025resize.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,092
  • qe2 plus ride 015resize.jpg
    qe2 plus ride 015resize.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,092
You out again this afternoon?
Looks like I am 'working from home' today and wondered if you wanted some company if you do get out in the forest again later on

afraid not, gotta try and fix my motorbike! :D although realistically it won't start today!! electrics. i hate them! :x

didn't realise you were local though

jonnyboy666":ten7xtjm said:
afraid not, gotta try and fix my motorbike! :D although realistically it won't start today!! electrics. i hate them! :x

didn't realise you were local though

I'm just the other side of the forest to you, in Highcliffe (no I'm not 110!)
Might just go for a local spin out around Holmsey/Burley in an hour or so.
Got a couple of repairs to do first though!

If you ever are planning a ride and want some company, drop me a line. I quite often get days where I sit at home waiting for work :D

Me too..I'm in Ringwood. Quick dodge out up to the old runway as Stoney Cross at lunchtime the last two days - weather was gorgeous.

Tore a tyre to pieces yesterday and discovered my pump was bust; today I broke a spoke...

jonnyboy666":fv87uwou said:
sounds like a meet is in order at some point! :D

Gotta say mate that I liked the look of your IOW ride a while back.
Be bang up for meeting up at the ferry then giving that a try.
Maybe a nice, crisp Saturday/Sunday morning?
Sure we could get a few people interested :)

yep, can do, i'm working the next 4 days 6 till 6 then 2 nights 6 till 6 so i won't be riding properly for a while :( but i'd be up for that, i like the iow, awsome overthere. my shift for the next couple of weeks goes over weekends though, the next time i get a saturday or sunday off is the 30th of november, could do it then, see if the retrobike massive want to come! :D

shall i start a thread and see who is up for it?

jonnyboy666":znl8d23r said:
yep, can do, i'm working the next 4 days 6 till 6 then 2 nights 6 till 6 so i won't be riding properly for a while :( but i'd be up for that, i like the iow, awsome overthere. my shift for the next couple of weeks goes over weekends though, the next time i get a saturday or sunday off is the 30th of november, could do it then, see if the retrobike massive want to come! :D

shall i start a thread and see who is up for it?

Sounds good to me! I have a football re-union in the afternoon though, so it would need to be early-ish for me. Be a cracking way to work up a thirst for what will be a very 'thirsty' afternoon :LOL:

Back