HELP...wheelset (modernish)

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just can't make up my mind.

Need new wheelset with disc up front.

On a budget....well, could spend 200/250, but would rather not.

Have these knocking about, bit burly but would look rather nice on the Guyzer...yes, really, they would :LOL:
Ebaystuff126.jpg

but I would have to have to front rebuilt with disc hub. And the rear is QR, and I prefer bolt-on. And I would have to get spacers and cog.

OR

I have these burly rims hanging around. 36H. Could get these built up with SS hubs...thought about DMR revolver, but maybe they are too 'Jump' and not cool enough.
Ebaystuff250-1.jpg

OR

Just buy a set of Hope hubs (SS) from CRC at £250

OR

Buy a set of CK silver SS hubs for £250, and wait until I can afford to build them up.

Was up at 5 this morning searching Ebay and everywhere else for a solution. Arrgghhhhhhhhhhhh... :LOL:

Very happy with some Hope Pro 2’s purchased for the Cotic; they are laced to DT Swiss 4.2 rims. And the noise is cool :p

Just been looking at pics of your Guyzer... why not just have a matching(ish) disc front wheel made??

Or indeed a non matching one ;)

clunker":t7jh712w said:
Very happy with some Hope Pro 2’s purchased for the Cotic; they are laced to DT Swiss 4.2 rims. And the noise is cool :p

I have the Hope Hoops as above on my modern and they are really nice wheels. Light yet strong and considering the price of the components cheap! Plus you get the cool noise, what more could you want!

I paid £200 for mine btw

id go with a dmr revolver , remove the anodise and polish it , white industries freewheel

or on one sells exactly the same hub ( same taiwanesse supplier ) for £5 less

got a hope xc ti sat on a shelf but would still rather use a freewheel

Back