Light 'em up!!!

hey doogie, nice job!

for myself, i couldn't be bothered trying to make my own mounts, especially given cheap mounts available online! ;)

the lights are a set of older LEDs torches i had purchased a while ago and had around the house for emergency. not even close to being bright enough for riding use considering what's on the market now.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,111
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,111
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,111
as for the bike itself:

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,109
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,109
couple of beam shots using the one mounted torch. low beam and high. almost approx 1 car length away from garage door.

Attachments

• IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,108
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,108
tesco torch's

here's my creations

take 2 x tesco C-cell torches, cut bodys down to make smaller/save weight. then get some mounts off the web + 2 x 700mA driver cards.

mount driver cards inside shortend bodys of torches, wire up some waterproof on/off switches, and drive the whole lot from a 7.2v radio-control car battery pack

tescotorch1.jpg

tescotorch2.jpg

tescotorch3.jpg

cost all inwas about £50, combined with a tesc AA 3W mounted on helmet this gives excellent amount of light for cost

cheers - UZ

wow uncle zaskar, that's one fantastic job!

what did you use to cut the flashlight bodies? did you rethread the body for the end cap? (looks like it)

and yes, i 2nd question of where you got the mounts from!

Re: tesco torch's

uncle zaskar":26vjr1v4 said:
here's my creations

take 2 x tesco C-cell torches, cut bodys down to make smaller/save weight. then get some mounts off the web + 2 x 700mA driver cards.

mount driver cards inside shortend bodys of torches, wire up some waterproof on/off switches, and drive the whole lot from a 7.2v radio-control car battery pack

tescotorch1.jpg

tescotorch2.jpg

tescotorch3.jpg

cost all inwas about £50, combined with a tesc AA 3W mounted on helmet this gives excellent amount of light for cost

cheers - UZ

that is brilliant .

if you have time can you put a step by step way of doing this , mainly for wring battery etc...

Yup,
brilliant mate, would you do a step by step please? especially the wiring up ;)
great value for money and look way-WAY more expensive than the sum of their parts.
take orders man im telling ya ;)
Mods we need a sticky of the step by step when its up

GC

if ppl haven't browsed, you should check out the forum at mtbr.com in the lighting section. they have loads of ppl building their own lights and sharing resources. that's where i found out about the flashlight i purchased and the mounts.

Back