RBotM May 2019 - Open Month - entries now open!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PeachyPM":23cofoie said:
roadking":23cofoie said:
My guess is it's the RetroBike equivalent of putting your towel on a sunbed before everyone is up - rather sneaky in my opinion: wouldn't have him under my command.

Rk.

Oh you are silly Roadking. I just changed my mind and decided not to enter. Unfortunately you can’t delete a post.
Instead of casting aspersions, why not join in and enter something yourself?

The use of the idiom I suggest is incorrect: I was not suggesting you lacked integrity, nor was I criticising your character - I merely suggested you were being sneaky (humour), and wouldn't have sneaky folk under my command.

As i am silly (aspersion cast) it would be unwise to enter the competition: plus my bicycles are all a little left field for RB - perhaps not the Raleighs.

Rk.

roadking":zxg6h6w7 said:
PeachyPM":zxg6h6w7 said:
roadking":zxg6h6w7 said:
My guess is it's the RetroBike equivalent of putting your towel on a sunbed before everyone is up - rather sneaky in my opinion: wouldn't have him under my command.

Rk.

Oh you are silly Roadking. I just changed my mind and decided not to enter. Unfortunately you can’t delete a post.
Instead of casting aspersions, why not join in and enter something yourself?

The use of the idiom I suggest is incorrect: I was not suggesting you lacked integrity, nor was I criticising your character - I merely suggested you were being sneaky (humour), and wouldn't have sneaky folk under my command.

As i am silly (aspersion cast) it would be unwise to enter the competition: plus my bicycles are all a little left field for RB - perhaps not the Raleighs.

Rk.

Nothing wrong with left field in an open month. :D

Re:

Another RBOTM ruined (or at least in limbo) cos of another playground spat. Now seems to be a regular occurrence unfortunately

Hopefully just a temporary pause otherwise might just delete a few of the non relevant posts.

Jamie

Sorry all, I shouldn’t have been so defensive, please accept my apologise and Jamie, please delete the junk above including my first aborted post…

So, to get back to bikes, here’s my Majestic (again) now finally finished…honest!
Proper Sella Italia Anatomic (found and restored – not bought) and some Dia-compe/Weinmann combination levers with black Weinmann half hoods and black cable outers, oh, almost forgot, the "square" version of Ever-ready rear lamp

Original restoration thread here;Father & son Claud Butler Restoration
Pictures and change from fake racer to catalogue correct tourer here;1984 Claud Butler Majestic. #058569

Attachments

• 1984 Claud Butler Majestic 058569 (2) - Copy.jpeg
    1984 Claud Butler Majestic 058569 (2) - Copy.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 4,669
  • 1984 Claud Butler Majestic 058569 (1) - Copy.jpeg
    1984 Claud Butler Majestic 058569 (1) - Copy.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 4,669
Very nice, & it’s usually the Carlton’s that do the ganging up!
Do you have a build thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back