RBotM May 2019 - Open Month - entries now open!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM for May 2019
This month is an open month so if it's retro then it is definitely eligible.
So get those old machines out and dusted off, get a quick photo or two and give us a brief description. How hard can it be :)
I know there are lots and lots of these old bikes tucked away that we have yet to see shared here, so come on.

Usual rules apply.

Jamie

Please ignore

I'll throw my fresh 74 Carlton pro into the ring. Nouvo record apart from shifters and headset, parts from this forum and 6 years of buying and selling, original paint and decals and a dream bike for me. Will be ridden and enjoyed. :)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=398155

Attachments

• 20190413_184330-600x1067.jpg
    20190413_184330-600x1067.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 6,828
  • 20190513_105606-503x517.jpg
    20190513_105606-503x517.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 6,524
Lovely, original paint, hardwork and patience, this and rarity has to be more desirable in a bike than a full restore otherwise the winner will always be the person with the deepest pockets.

Re:

Nice Carlton ..... very nice.

One question, what make is the headset? Never seen one with flats on the lower cup.

Re: Re:

pigman":35bw2kbv said:
Nice Carlton ..... very nice.

One question, what make is the headset? Never seen one with flats on the lower cup.
Spitball thanks for the kind words. Pigman according to the catalogue it's a Alatet. Have same one on my 79 Raleigh record, both factory fitted.

The History Man":361613w6 said:
PeachyPM":361613w6 said:
that picture is way too small even with my reading glasses.

My guess is it's the RetroBike equivalent of putting your towel on a sunbed before everyone is up - rather sneaky in my opinion: wouldn't have him under my command.

Rk.

roadking":y4llunzu said:
The History Man":y4llunzu said:
PeachyPM":y4llunzu said:
that picture is way too small even with my reading glasses.

My guess is it's the RetroBike equivalent of putting your towel on a sunbed before everyone is up - rather sneaky in my opinion: wouldn't have him under my command.

Rk.

Oh you are silly Roadking. I just changed my mind and decided not to enter. Unfortunately you can’t delete a post.
Instead of casting aspersions, why not join in and enter something yourself?

spitball":xqgbl7yl said:
Lovely, original paint, hardwork and patience, this and rarity has to be more desirable in a bike than a full restore otherwise the winner will always be the person with the deepest pockets.

I understand the sentiment spitball, but we should possibly be careful of being too judgmental.
I’ve seen plenty of bikes on this forum that have had a top to toe restoration on a shoe string budget with lots of passion and effort and love, just to be ignored in this comp. Then there are expensive Italian originals where someone just buys a £200 saddle then takes a photo.
By your rationale, which deserves the vote?

Personally, I like to look at someone’s build thread before making my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back