C'mon then MacBike Centraal folks, let's see that Gazelle!

Business trip to Amsterdam, so of course I opt to put a hire bike on the company card, rather than take taxis around town. Well, how else do you get around the 'Dam?

So, I popped in to MacBike in Amsterdam Centraal, where one of the chaps had just finished building a lovely old Gazelle. I mentioned Retrobike, they were aware of our work, so here's the invitation, show us the bike, chaps!

:D

What Gazelle did he restore? Race or traditional Dutch bike?

I have two Gazelle's: A 1982 Champion Mondial AA Special and another very nice cherry red CM that I still have to pick up.

The AA Special is a frameset in two tones blue, like the above one under this link. Plan to built it with SR/c-R mix including Deltas. Slightly not period correct, but nice. It has internal cable routing btw, what is quite early for such a feature me thinks.

I have a Gazelle Trophy Cross (well, when I say I have it I don't mean that I actually have it with me or have even seen it :oops:. But it is mine dagnabit :twisted: )

It was a lovely mint green race bike. Very lovely indeed!

I ;) now want a classic Gazelle roadster, with those crazy for shure yesh shtylings and angles! ;)

ededwards":23j07q0p said:
I have a Gazelle Trophy Cross (well, when I say I have it I don't mean that I actually have it with me or have even seen it :oops:. But it is mine dagnabit :twisted: )

is it? ;)

yo-eddy":89x5apur said:
ededwards":89x5apur said:

is it? ;)

Please Roy, may I have the Gazelle? :oops:

ededwards":1t6ht89d said:
yo-eddy":1t6ht89d said:
ededwards":1t6ht89d said:

is it? ;)

Please Roy, may I have the Gazelle? :oops:

... Ok, allrighty then :D .... will post some pics of it soon, so you know what you're showing off about ;) it's really NICE!

Hello. More Gazelle.

Nice item, Gazelle pantographed Super Record shifters =>

3032117510_291e0a21d7_b.jpg

Recently met a person who was sponsored by Gazelle years ago. He got a Champion Mondial with full black ano Nuovo Record back then. Way trick.

Back