Modolo Brakes - Help - Advice needed

marshalllucky

Retro Guru
Last year I bought a nice pair of new old stock Modolo brake calipers (model `Equipe` ) which I think was the model below the master pro ( even though I cant see any difference ). Anyway I put them away in my `shiny bits for future projects drawer` and only just came to look at them properly and notice the mounting bolts are ridiculously long, even though they came with the correct recessed allen head bolts. Now my question is, have I been sold a pair that should be nutted and someone has just put allen bolts on to make them more saleable or am i supposed to cut the bolts down and if so do I just use a hacksaw? , wont that damage the thread? . Any and all advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• modolo212.jpg
    modolo212.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 388
  • modolo213.jpg
    modolo213.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 388
Yup, look like nutted brakes supplied with Allen key fasteners. If there is enough thread then easiest to just cut them.

Re:

Before you cut the threaded part run a nut down to the brake end, so after you have cut it you can run the nut back off this helps if the thread is slightly damaged by cutting. Also you can use the nut to help clean the thread by filing the end of the thread right next to the nut.

Back