Vitus ZX1 / Peugeot Team Line 2000

Haha! A girls bike with replacement forks. Replacement forks on a carbon monocoque generally means only one thing: head on collision, catastrophic damage. That's one pony I wouldn't saddle up!

Did Cannondale also use this frame or has this been badged up?

Attachments

• zx1_2.jpg
    zx1_2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 2,705
Defo an ebay Stickered up job! On a total production run of only 800,
I doubt they made it outside of Villiger/Peugeot/Vitus euroland. Given general wear and tear and mechanical/accident damage to Carbon frames, likely there are less than 200-300 in good order, in existence. Probably less. The Japanese have the best ones, with exotic paint jobs like Pepsi max purple and sparkle finishes. I heard the Japanese Prime Minister has got one to go along with his Rene Herse and Alex Singer French classics.

I think maybe you're getting your timeline mixed up - This was Vitus's first carbon monocoque, and Peugeot and Villager (Eagle) rebranded them to suit, not the other way about. The Vitus originals with ZX1 decals are the most sought after of all and the red one (the first production batch) the most difficult to find. I've only seen two, and both of them went East ;)

Re:Vitus Zx1 / Peugeot Teamline 2000

Wow, so 6 years on! I never did bring my self to sell it, but now I am out of space so it is time to sell, slightly different this time, it's now as follows;

FRAME
ORIGINAL FORKS
VITUS HEADSET
MAVIC BOTTOM BRACKET
MAVIC CHAINSET 175MM WITH 52/42 RINGS
3TTT QUILL STEM 13CM
3TTT BARS 44CM
3TTT TIRAMISU BARS
CAMPAGNOLO CALIPERS
DEDA SEATPOST

Any interest?

Image as is, wheels available separately